Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone check my alignment specs. I had the car aligned at town fair tire and after the alignment there is a slight pull to the right. I've had what I feel to be alignment issues in the past with this car though. The car hasn't had a pull for a few years but I haven't had it aligned in two years. So I'm unsure if the tires have worn improperly and as I drive with the correct specs the tires will start to wear correctly. Should I just wait for a few weeks to see if there is a change before I bring it back? Also I remember that hyundai redesigned the front strut mounts to add caster I'm thinking about checking into this as well.

I guess I forgot to add the specs:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone comment on if the car hasn't been aligned for a couple years if after an alignment the tires could be causing a pull?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Your alignment looks fine, although the numbers a bit heavy to te right. This likely wouldn't make the car pull though. Tires can, and quite often, make a car pull to one side if they are worn unevenly. Ifyour tires are new or still good, then it could be whole slew of things. Hyundai did do a caster fix a few years back....it did jack squat. Unfortunately, these cars tend to develop a sort of mystery pull to the right. No one really knows why, although there have been plenty of short term claims and speculation, know ones really been able to nail down a long term fix to a solid idenitfyable issue.

·
Administrator
8,817 Posts
I couldn't see your numbers yesterday......

Your "as done" numbers look OK.
You could swap tires from front to back/back to front, recheck tire pressures and then see how it drives.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Maybe not the cause of your problem, but IMO our cars need a small amount of camber in the front. I find that 0.5° camber and 0° toe virtually eliminates any pull and the dreaded wheel shake around 60mph that so many tibs have.

Of course you would need to install camber bolts to make that adjustment.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your alignment looks fine, although the numbers a bit heavy to te right. This likely wouldn't make the car pull though. Tires can, and quite often, make a car pull to one side if they are worn unevenly. Ifyour tires are new or still good, then it could be whole slew of things. Hyundai did do a caster fix a few years back....it did jack squat. Unfortunately, these cars tend to develop a sort of mystery pull to the right. No one really knows why, although there have been plenty of short term claims and speculation, know ones really been able to nail down a long term fix to a solid idenitfyable issue.
The caster fix that you mention, is that the redesigned strut mount? Were there people mentioning that it did nothing?

I couldn't see your numbers yesterday......

Your "as done" numbers look OK.
You could swap tires from front to back/back to front, recheck tire pressures and then see how it drives.
I know tire pressure is good. I'll try swapping the tires around and see if it changes.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe not the cause of your problem, but IMO our cars need a small amount of camber in the front. I find that 0.5° camber and 0° toe virtually eliminates any pull and the dreaded wheel shake around 60mph that so many tibs have.

Of course you would need to install camber bolts to make that adjustment.
I do have camber bolts in the front. I'm wondering If I bring it back with these requests If they will adjust it. .5 positive or negative camber?

·
Registered
741 Posts
The caster fix that you mention, is that the redesigned strut mount? Were there people mentioning that it did nothing?

I know tire pressure is good. I'll try swapping the tires around and see if it changes.
Yea, it was....and yea, there were.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm bringing it back to town fair tire tomorrow for them to make corrections. I'm going to have them adjust the front toe to 0 and the front camber to -.5. Can someone please reconfirm that the rear specs will be fine with the front adjustments that they are going to do? Wasn't really sure if the front should match the rear.

·
Administrator
8,817 Posts
Your numbers look good in the back, they don't need to match the front.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Old news now, but your car will pull to the right with the specs you left the shop with. No mystery: both caster and camber have right hand influence. Almost all publis streets and highways are arched to encourage rain to run off the street. Thus, all roads lean to the right, and left influence should be in all alignments to compensate for the road crown.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts