Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would put my feelers out there and see if any of you on here have the Ark door kit, and have installed it yourself. Had a couple questions...

1.) Looking at the wiring harness extender, I noticed not all the pins are used from the OEM wiring harness... (wonders if that's normal, or if I should be worried)

2.) How to prep the wiring harness, I saw from the CD they sent that they hacked one of the wiring harness ends in half...I was just unclear on which end or why....The CD with the photos/video isn't much help.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
SharkLotus said:
Just thought I would put my feelers out there and see if any of you on here have the Ark door kit, and have installed it yourself. Had a couple questions...

1.) Looking at the wiring harness extender, I noticed not all the pins are used from the OEM wiring harness... (wonders if that's normal, or if I should be worried)

2.) How to prep the wiring harness, I saw from the CD they sent that they hacked one of the wiring harness ends in half...I was just unclear on which end or why....The CD with the photos/video isn't much help.

Thanks in advance!

umm the harnesses should be different the passenger side one has less pins than the drivers side one just a lil something to note and i dont really know what ur talking about with hacking aprt the harness i never did that...

·
Registered
819 Posts
I don't remember hacking anything on mine as well. ^^^ Is right about the pins. :)

*** Very important. Make sure when you are plugging in the wire harness to stock one that you stuff the wire harness into the door itself BEFORE putting the doors back on the car ***

<---- had to learn the hard way. (Didn't watch whole video because it was in Korean and that just wasn't helpful to me.)

·
Registered
214 Posts
SharkLotus said:

Thanks in advance!

yes I had to Hack or cut the ends actually its just used to split them apart and its on the the cars factory harness......but no worries it will still work if you ever decide to put back to stock

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't end up cutting the ends in half, and just got it done trial and error. Works and looks great!

·
Registered
572 Posts
So did you get the doors installed? I have this kit and I love it. I've had really no problems with it. Since it got cold (I did mine in the spring. I had to tighten a few screws but other than that no problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Good job on the install..glad it worked out for you ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts