Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So recently my clutch has started to act differently. When Im in 1st gear I engage the clutch and attempt to shift out of 1st it doesnt allow me to shift out of 1st for a split second. The feelling I get through to the shift is that there is something blocking it from leaving first gear. It never grinds when it happens either. It doesnt happen on a consistent basis. Sometimes it goes weeks without the problem and then it will happen out of no where.

It has happened in second but only a hand full of times. 99% of the time its when Im attempting to shift out of 1st. Sometimes I feel like pushing the clutch in to the floor works and other times I have to engage the clutch a second time. Ive noticed it happens more when Im parking or coming to a complete stop and downshifting, when I get to first and shift out of first into nuetral it happens.

Any ideas? It has been happening for about a little under a year now and its happened less frequent recently but I dont wan to be blind sided by a pricey fix if it turns out to be something I need to have checked out. Thanks for your help guys/gals.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts