Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I decided to tackel installing my tein springs today. Well I have ran into a problem, I was doing the front passenger side and I have gotten all the nuts and bolt off the hold in the strut except one. It is the botton bolt that goes though the strut, I got the nut off it but the damn bolt will not budge at all. Ive soaked it down with liquid wrench and tried to break it free with my 600ft/lbs impact wrench, I also pounded the hell out of it with a hammer but it just doesn't move. And now the bolt above it wont go back in because the whole thing like shifted a little bit and it doesn't fit untill I get this strut out and move it, and I dont wanna try driving my car with just one bolt in the bottom of the strut.

Anyways does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this thing, here is a picture of it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
put a jack under it and raise it up like 1 milimeter... the whole weight of the strut is on the bolt... WD40 works well if it's not slipping... it won't come out easy, but you need to lift it up a little bit... i don't know how you got the other bolts on th eother struts off...

make sure you don't push up too much with a jack under it, and don't put the jack on teh brake, push up on the assembly right behind the rotor.

AND to shift it back into place, you should be able to by pushing the assembly forward into the wheel well... the hole should line-up. but you have to push around and watch the hole, if you're gentle it won't work- lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
viva_brasil said:
put a jack under it and raise it up like 1 milimeter... the whole weight of the strut is on the bolt... WD40 works well if it's not slipping... it won't come out easy, but you need to lift it up a little bit... i don't know how you got the other bolts on th eother struts off...

make sure you don't push up too much with a jack under it, and don't put the jack on teh brake, push up on the assembly right behind the rotor.

AND to shift it back into place, you should be able to by pushing the assembly forward into the wheel well... the hole should line-up. but you have to push around and watch the hole, if you're gentle it won't work- lol.

I went out and tried the jacking up method again and still wont budge, I also used a hella lot of WD40 well i was out there.

Anyone other ideas???????

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does it turn when u put the wrench on it ?
Put the nut on 1 or 2 full turns + hit it with the hammer "dont want to damage the threads so be carefull".
If the bolt is able to turn ,hit it while ure turning it.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
^pretty much what i was gettin at. Thats what i did on my car and thats what i do to other cars at work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bolt does not turn at all even when I put the beastly impact wrench on it. I'll give that a try in the morning.

·
Registered
427 Posts
hammer should do the trick. usually its the weight of the strut and the edge of the thread getting caught on the strut housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts