Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am installing my TEINs and needed to know if anyone replaced the top bolt that takes the strut apart. also, what did you do to the spring before you installed it? in the directions it says to cut the rubber bumper. what does this mean? please help. i want to do this tomm morning.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Before you do anything...do you have spring compressors?

After compressing the spring on the strut you'll need to take the nut off the top with an impact wrench. Save it. you'll need it to go back on.

The rubber bumpstop is under the black plastic dust cover on the shaft of the strut...it keeps the shock from fully bottoming out and destroying the internal parts.

·
Registered
465 Posts
if you lived a little more south, i would go help you out... I live in ft. lauderdale... its an easy install though. Make sure you have spring compressors! I don't know if you can, but I rented them from Advanced auto parts for $50, and when you bring them back, you get a full refund.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
plz...do not attempt unless u have spring compressors!!! i know ppl said it before, but seriousely bud...u will kill urself if u dont use em.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have spring compressors and i was able to do it. thanks everyone!

·
Registered
465 Posts
sweet, enjoy them :3_nosthum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts