Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey does anyone want to have a NE dyno day? EDIT: Dyno Day March 24th

EDIT: Hey NE guys. I went to bristol dyno in east hartford CT today. They have a sweet AWD dynojet dyno. Anyways I talked to the owner and he's really interested in giving us a REALLY good group rate if we gather up 5+ tiburons and have a dyno day. He quoted me a price of 50 bucks for 3 pulls and an additionaly 5 bucks to also have your a/f ratio checked. He also only charged me 130 bucks for a full one hour tuning session. Bristol dyno is awesome I know the mazda forum guys go up there. 50 bucks is an unreal price I would jump on this guys if I were you. if you guys are interested I could set this up for a weekend. But i would need definitely at least 5-6 people willing to do it. EDIT: Date of the meet is Saturday April 7th 2007 The date was changed cause the owner of the dyno is going on vacation that day and had to change the date.. Please PM me if you want to be added to the list, or if you want to be removed from the list. The guy sent me an email saying that it will be best if at least some of us start showimg up at 9 am. Not all of us have to show up then but he wants a steady line of cars being able to be dynoed and tuned with no long breaks in between. The address is: Bristol Dyno LLC. 286 Governor Street, East Hartford CT. Phone number is 860-282-2248. You can also check them out on the web at http://www.bristoldyno.com
List so far.
1. Tuscanjay- just watching
2. Alpinewhite
3.T06crush
4. Riggs1088
5. PimpnX3
6. Zhiryst
7. T06 Crush's friend Dave
8. Nduda78 (dyno+tune)
9. Miketucson
10. Rickna (dyno+tune)
11. Yellowtibby- Just watching.
12. syndicate (dyno+tune)
13. Nolfol
14. 98tib (dyno+tune)
15. Alex with e30 BMW (maybe tune)
16. some guy with a beetle

·
Registered
887 Posts
My buddy dave was workin' on getting a dyno day going down near stamford with Tony Chic, who also has an awd dyno. That wasn't gonna be until spring, tho, so that Jay could break out the beast. That is a damn good deal though, which would mean I need to get my spacer, im, and ud pulley on before the date! Nothin like deadlines to get your a ss in gear! Definitely in for this.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not trying to generalize but I think stamford would be more expensive. I know the dyno your talking about and they quote Rickna a very high price for tuning I believe. something over 200 bucks

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We can wait. I just want to know if people are interested.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah Dave, no need to generalize either. It would definitely be more expensive, and for all I know we wouldn't get the 3 run and or a/f deal either. I know none of the specifics of that have even really been spoken about, but I'm pretty excited about this one.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You know I'm down for that! $50 is an awesome price. Set it up for early spring. I want to get my stg 1 dyno done before I go stg 2. I say sometime in March. :D

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TuscanJay said:
You know I'm down for that! $50 is an awesome price. Set it up for early spring. I want to get my stg 1 dyno done before I go stg 2. I say sometime in March. :D
Well lets get a list going then. I'm not gonna dyno cause well... I just did but , I will def go and watch you guys. So the list so far is
1. Tuscanjay
2. Alpinewhite
3.T06crush

·
Registered
292 Posts
Why do they charge you additional $5 for a/f checked? Normally, they plug in the wideband O2 sensor into your tailpipe, and it measures the A/F when they dyno the car.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arctic Chill said:
Why do they charge you additional $5 for a/f checked? Normally, they plug in the wideband O2 sensor into your tailpipe, and it measures the A/F when they dyno the car.
why don't you go and dyno your car and find out?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
yellowtibby said:
I'm not trying to generalize but I think stamford would be more expensive. I know the dyno your talking about and they quote Rickna a very high price for tuning I believe. something over 200 bucks
Yeah, he's VERY expensive. But the place is always packed, so he must be dong something right. I'm going there on Tues, 12/26 for a tune. I just put in the 310 injectors on Sat.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Arctic Chill said:
$50 or $55 BFD.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is the invitation open to more than just Tiburon's? My buddy Dave is finishing up his latest mod and wanted to get in some pulls. He's a definite, if so.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah I don't think it matters if other cars come and I think it's still 50 for awd dyno too. I could ask via email and get back to you. I want to do this in the spring. It's a bristol dyno in east hartford btw.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts