Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tib impounded and I just got a DUI! yay for me.

this sucks so.......
dont ever drink and drive, *even if you know you can*, because isnt just not worth it, I just got busted for a friend, and hell yeah, my life is over, nice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. Just stupid. My driver was getting doped up so I decided to go home myself. The police were pretty good about it, I didn't lose my license but I got tickets for stunting and driving without care apparently.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my car back today. I was a little ticked off when I went to the impound because both my windows were down for some reason. There was a bunch of snow in my interior and all my cds were gone. Oh well, I'm just glad to get it back again. Not making that mistake again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
learned his lesson?!? . ... yea I'm sure but then again you were totally in between a rock and a hard spot there. In that case it was a rough decision. Bad either way. . . . .were you close enough with the people to stay over instead?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
yeah dui/driving drunk sucks,,,,,,,not to sound like too much of a b***** I have known over 4 people to die because of drunk drivers. Certainly glad you didn't kill yourself or others.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only blew a .04, so it wasn't too the point where I was severly impaired. hence why I only lost my car for 24hrs.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
What province are you in? Because only Saskatchewan has a BAC limit of 0.04, all the others have 0.05 or higher (BC, Nunavut & NWT =0.06, Alberta, Quebec & Yukon = 0.08 )

What sort of fine are you looking at? I think the minimum fine in Ontario was $600 + 1 yr license suspension.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
He wasn't driving drunk in my book. 0.04% BAC is nothing... 1 non-light beer can get you to 0.04 on an empty stomach w/o any noticeable impairment.

That's ashame... though you must've done something to warrant getting pulled over. What did you do? For that you deserved it... because if you know you've been drinking, why in the world would you ever do something that could get you pulled over!?!

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's ashame... though you must've done something to warrant getting pulled over. What did you do? For that you deserved it... because if you know you've been drinking, why in the world would you ever do something that could get you pulled over!?![/QUOTE]

my point exactly!!

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
GET 1T DONE said:
He wasn't driving drunk in my book. 0.04% BAC is nothing... 1 non-light beer can get you to 0.04 on an empty stomach w/o any noticeable impairment.

That's ashame... though you must've done something to warrant getting pulled over. What did you do? For that you deserved it... because if you know you've been drinking, why in the world would you ever do something that could get you pulled over!?!
Keep in mind he also got ticketed for "stunting" and "Driving without Care." In other words, he was driving like an a$$hole while drunk. The fact that he was pulled over (as opposed to caught in a random sobriety check point where the cops set up a random roadblock and stop EVERY car on a certain street and check for impaired drivers) indicated that he was not only impared but driving like an idiot.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I do live in SK, the penalty for a first time .04 offender is a 24hr license suspension. The *real* trouble doesn't begin until .08, thats when you lose your license for 1-5 years. The reason I was pulled over is he said I was going double the speed limit. I admit I was minorly speeding like 10-15km over the speed limit, but nothing to the extent he was claiming. He had no proof about the actual speed I was going which is why I never actually got a speeding ticket. But whatever, I'm not going to fight them, I'm going to pay them off ASAP and never make that mistake again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
sounds like u got lucky as **** man........but as said before, hope u learned ur lesson... u live and u learn

1 - 20 of 27 Posts