Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my brother is finally deciding to do a bit of tuning to his 2002 RSX Type-S. Now...he doesn't want to do very much...but enough to make a bit of a difference. So what is the best mod for a Type-S? With the Tib for example, one of the best bang for your buck mods is a nice CAI. Easy install, noticeable difference, and it sounds good without being over the top. What's the deal with the AEM V2 intakes for RSX's? I have also heard that exhaust doesn't add much power, and it would be wise to go elsewhere under the hood to pick up a few ponies. This is going to be happening this summer once the car is all paid off, any help would be appreciated! :3_bier:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
discjockey82 said:
Well my brother is finally deciding to do a bit of tuning to his 2002 RSX Type-S. Now...he doesn't want to do very much...but enough to make a bit of a difference. So what is the best mod for a Type-S? With the Tib for example, one of the best bang for your buck mods is a nice CAI. Easy install, noticeable difference, and it sounds good without being over the top. What's the deal with the AEM V2 intakes for RSX's? I have also heard that exhaust doesn't add much power, and it would be wise to go elsewhere under the hood to pick up a few ponies. This is going to be happening this summer once the car is all paid off, any help would be appreciated! :3_bier:

Might wanna check out SoCal RSX....

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
They dont pick up the same gains as the tib does with bolt-ons.

CAI supposely 5-10, some sri dynoes report a loss in power from heat soak.

Headers another 5-10whp and catback-5whp.

However i/h/e+tune can equal a low 14 1/4.

Thats pretty much most of the info I got off of their site

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
1 word...Hondata

clubrsx has a lot of info for what you're looking for.

The socal rsx forum was an offspring of angry :) and local members from clubrsx that wanted to try it out themselves. That site used to be active.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Intake/Header/Exhaust/Cams/reflash Definitely gets you into 13's as a good driver

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My problem with ClubRSX.com is that so many people have conflicting reports or stories about how much power you can get from various mods. There is no general consensus it seems. I thought the AEM V2 was a great mod that would yield over 10whp...which some people agree on, but then others say the opposite. Either way he (my brother) will probably go in that direction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My friend had I/RH/E, Cams and KPro made 22_ whp NA and ran 13's, BUT he told me if he had to do it all over again he woulda went FI since it woulda been cheaper and been faster hehe.

If anything I'd tell your brother to start with the basics- CAI, Exhaust and Race Header/Hondata Reflash.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
st4rk said:
i/h/e and hondata and they are supposedly faster than s2000's.
I agree with this setup. The hondata will make a good difference. If I had a RSX Type-S that is exactly what I would do anyway. Granted he doesn't want to go insane on power, but it will supply him with plenty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts