·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
It would be like...

You go to Office Depot (THAT IS NOT ADVERTISING MODS!!!!) to buy a desk for your nice office because yours was burned in an awful fire which was strangely limited to your old (now incinerated) desk, kind of like how your bulb burned out.

You come out with a nice, brand new, desk, made of 100% China's finest carrugated cardboard. It actually even has a wood-grain laminate so that it looks like a nice expensive desk. Similarily, these bulbs do look kinda spiffy.

Now how long will that "new" desk last? A couple of hours? Days? What will happen to your computer when the desk breaks and it crashes to the ground? Similarily, these bulbs might last for a couple of days, but there's the risk that "your computer will crash to the ground," or similarily, your wiring will get messed up.

If I were you, I would get a good, strong, real-wood new desk.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
I think I'm going to try and include an analogy in every post I can from now on. It's great fun. And I thought it was a pretty good analogy!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Hey I was jus sitting here putting together LED kits! Really tedious but doesn't take too much brain-power so I thought of that while doing them! :)

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
ill post a USEFULL post about this.. iv had ebay bulbs and some of them last a long time and some dont.. if you wanna get a ebay bulb go with XD5 bulbs.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Hey! I thought my analogy was useful and insightful. It even applies to buying desks too. 2 in 1.

·
Registered
558 Posts
XD5 bulbs are pretty good.. if i didn't want to spend the full price on HID's, i would go with PIAA's or luminics...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
558 Posts
by getting 100 watts, you're risking melting your housing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts