Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Really?
Most ECU's are off with key off. Even a simple scanner won't work for codes.
I know, but the Hi-Scan instructions for transmitter pairing say to remove the key from the ignition. :dunno:

Just measured the DCT pin with the ignition on and off... 2.3-2.4V at all times. This is confusing because the data link schematic says that it's connected to a 12V pull-up output from the BCM. Code save pin is 5V.

I should try pulling up DCT with a 510Ω resistor and see what happens. I might have tried this already when I was messing with it before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That makes sense. The key is supposed to be out of the ignition during programming, but I guess doing so also deactivates the K-line relay. I guess the Hi-Scan uses to L-line to activate this relay while the ignition is off?

I have a 10-pin to 16-pin adapter I've played around with without any luck; which is too bad because it was extremely difficult to get and not cheap. Supposedly the code save pin has no function on the GK tib.

EDIT: I should probably measure the voltage at the DCT pin while the ignition is on. Perhaps it just needs to be pulled high while the ignition is off. Now that I think about it, I bet the code save pin and the DCT pin are the same thing. I should measure them for continuity.
On 2.7L european tiburon, we have to bypass k-line immobilizer relay for odb access
i don't know how plugged original hiscan can activate this relay and why on the shematic 2.0L immo have 2 * k line wires,
maybe the immo cut the low level k-line, you could try the same hack, you have just to cut pin 19 and solder to pin 20 without cutting

What the difference between ecm and pcm?

DCT seems to be the L-Line

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think i 'm right, eeprom write is protected by an internal relay in the bcm immo, the easy way to bybass this is to rewired pin 19 (k-line) to pin 20(w-line)
or get a genuine hi-scan and find how to activate this relay
or open the bcm and find the pin of the odb port used to closed the coil of this relay

in the hi scan manual in the hyundai adapter shematic i also see multi canal ,it is possible to configure this ?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
i think i 'm right, eeprom write is protected by an internal relay in the bcm immo, the easy way to bybass this is to rewired pin 19 (k-line) to pin 20(w-line)
or get a genuine hi-scan and find how to activate this relay
or open the bcm and find the pin of the odb port used to closed the coil of this relay
I don't have immobilizer. I get proper voltage at pin-7 even with the ignition off. I believe transmitter code saving is done in the BCM only. The ECU handles transponder (ignition key) security and learning. That's why if you replace the BCM then your FOB will no longer be paired.

I think my problem is proper toggling of DCT high/low to initiate the code saving process. With my k-line adapter and Cascade it is always in a high state and never toggles low. It needs to go from high to low with the correct timing.

I have a Launch X431 Pro that has the transmitter pairing function in the software, but I checked the DCT pin voltage and it is always in a low state. It never toggles high which explains why it also doesn't work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have immobilizer. I get proper voltage at pin-7 even with the ignition off. I believe transmitter code saving is done in the BCM only. The ECU handles transponder (ignition key) security and learning. That's why if you replace the BCM then your FOB will no longer be paired.

I think my problem is proper toggling of DCT high/low to initiate the code saving process. With my k-line adapter and Cascade it is always in a high state and never toggles low. It needs to go from high to low with the correct timing.

I have a Launch X431 Pro that has the transmitter pairing function in the software, but I checked the DCT pin voltage and it is always in a low state. It never toggles high which explains why it also doesn't work.
so immo is only for european car,
have you try to connecte dct to l-line pin of the adapter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, is it still possible to source the manual for this emulator? The links on page one are broken and I would like to use this for my 05 elantra to bleed the brakes. I did locate the Cascade program and binaries I need but I'd like to read up on this before diving in. it looks similar to my Tech II from GM but I'd still like to be educated before pressing buttons :)
Dave

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hey guys, is it still possible to source the manual for this emulator? The links on page one are broken and I would like to use this for my 05 elantra to bleed the brakes. I did locate the Cascade program and binaries I need but I'd like to read up on this before diving in. it looks similar to my Tech II from GM but I'd still like to be educated before pressing buttons :)
Dave
Here you go:

CASCADE Hi-Scan Pro Emulator Manual.pdf

What are you looking to do to the car? It's pretty straight forward and you don't need to read all that.
Just open software
point it to HYUNDAI KIA.bin
Choose your car
connect via cable.

Navigating is just using the arrows and enter/exit yes/no buttons on the right.

P.S. I have a cable if someone wants it, just pay shipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here you go:

What are you looking to do to the car? It's pretty straight forward and you don't need to read all that.
Just open software
point it to HYUNDAI KIA.bin
Choose your car
connect via cable.

Navigating is just using the arrows and enter/exit yes/no buttons on the right.

P.S. I have a cable if someone wants it, just pay shipping.
You're a superstar thanks! I believe I need to cycle the ABS pump to get some air out of the system that may be in there. I'm having a bear of a time bleeding the system right now after a brake line replacement. I've got no air at the calipers so I have to have a pocked in the pump (I hope). I have to go buy an FTDI usb adapter and I want to make sure I know how to connect, set whatever baud rate I need to and how I actually get to the abs pump cycling screen.

PS. I tried to send you a PM but I'm too green here to send one. Here was the PM:

Is it the FTDI 232RL chipset one that works w/ this emulator? If so I'd be interested in it for sure. At least I know I have a cable that will work for this particular car.

Dave

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You're a superstar thanks! I believe I need to cycle the ABS pump to get some air out of the system that may be in there. I'm having a bear of a time bleeding the system right now after a brake line replacement. I've got no air at the calipers so I have to have a pocked in the pump (I hope). I have to go buy an FTDI usb adapter and I want to make sure I know how to connect, set whatever baud rate I need to and how I actually get to the abs pump cycling screen.

PS. I tried to send you a PM but I'm too green here to send one. Here was the PM:

Dave
Yes I have the cable. Used a million times 100% in my Tiburon when I had it. I can open up my Cascade and tell you what settings, I think 9600 baud off the top of my head but I'd be happy to help you through it. Just click on my name on the left and choose send a private message shoot me your address I'll just flat rate ship the cable. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I have the cable. Used a million times 100% in my Tiburon when I had it. I can open up my Cascade and tell you what settings, I think 9600 baud off the top of my head but I'd be happy to help you through it. Just click on my name on the left and choose send a private message shoot me your address I'll just flat rate ship the cable. :)
I cannot PM yet, need 5 posts :)> With that said, did you have to modify it to work? From my reading you need to jumper a few pins to make it work? A few more posts and I can PM you :)

Dave

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
PM replied

·
Registered
6 Posts
NoSloppy, I ended up just buying one a few day ago but thanks much for the offer.

I do have a question for you guys as it seems nobody else on other hyundai forums really talk about this app. As far as programming a key fob I see a different screen. Albeit a different car (05 elantra) I wouldn't think the protocol would be that different in one year. Perhaps it is and perhaps I need a piece of hardware aside from the cascade interface for this vehicle? Or perhaps you guys know of another forum which discusses this software?\

I did some research on this 10 pin connector although I found it mentioned for an XG300 but it seems they just have a resistor across pins 4 and 7 on the multipurpose check connector. Any of you pros know anything about this? I do not have much knowledge of the multipurpose check connector or it's pinout so I'm a bit leery.

Thanks much

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm from Russia (sorry for my English) , pay attention to this video on yuotube - title - G-scan Transmitter code saving on Hyundai Terracan2006MY , on older cars Hyundai/Kia , to programed the fob , use 10pin DLC connector (possibly 4 pin - numbered : 2 (memory Power + ) 6 (Tcm) , 10 (ground), 4 (code Save) .

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi, I'm from Russia (sorry for my English) , pay attention to this video on yuotube - title - G-scan Transmitter code saving on Hyundai Terracan2006MY , on older cars Hyundai/Kia , to programed the fob , use 10pin DLC connector (possibly 4 pin - numbered : 2 (memory Power + ) 6 (Tcm) , 10 (ground), 4 (code Save) .
Thank you for information. I bought a 10pin adapter like this one...

DB 15 Pin Female To Hyundai 10 Pin Adapter SOI008

Pin4 is connected to K-line but there is no pin6. I would need to know how that G-Scan cable is wired to the 16pin side.

221 - 240 of 270 Posts