Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with one I purchased from Amazon called "LZLRUN INPA K+CAN K+DCAN Car Diagnostic Tool Cable OBD USB Interface for BMW". I played again with it for about an hour last night and found that I can occasionally talk to the 'engine' section. 70% of the time I get a communications error but I was sometimes able to talk to the engine module. I was never able to get a connection to the other modules, even thought I did jumper the wires as recommended on the forum. I'm wondering if the 2006 Elantra I'm trying it on might use different wires.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
144 Posts
Yeah the software is verrrrry buggy. You can get in and do what you need to do real quick before a communication error pops up usually. Anything that requires extended diagnostic like data logging will usually land you a communication error after a few minutes. I only use it to reset adaptive values for fuel trims so I don't have to unplug my battery for several hours to completely reset them.

Generally you have to restart the CASCADE application after a communication error to make it a little more stable again. I suspect it has something to do with the three pins being bridged for the different communication modes. It might improve if you add toggle switches for each of those three pins and only enable the one you need. Maybe try using only PIN7 for basic K-Line which all the hyundais seem to use, then research which other pins you need for the other modules.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve tried combing thru this for updates and explanations of various things l, etc. I was wondering if a link that wasn’t restricted or not found for this software had been posted. I own a Matco Maxme Scanner and when you purchase the 20$ subscription for the Hyundai diagnostics program it allows you the capabilities of much if not all everyone is saying this cascade pro software can do. The subscriptions (per my Matco dealer) are always up to date dealer level diagnostics and control. Would access to the download and roms even benefit me?

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
144 Posts
The CASCADE HiScan Pro emulator files are here:

There likely isn't any benefit to you if you can get the Matco subscription. It was a fun project to get working correctly but I was disappointed at how buggy the software was. The developer did a great job on it and I'm thankful for his hard work giving us a free tool.... but it's not really useful to me except for resetting adaptive values (like LTFT) when troubleshooting a vacuum leak or lean condition. Often times disconnecting the battery and sapping the ECU of residual power using the brake pedal didn't reset adaptive values unless I left the car disconnected overnight. I rarely can wait that long for a reset.

The data logging would work for a few minutes but it would soon crash the software. Perhaps it would run better on Windows XP or Windows 7? Also the length of your OBD2 cable can affect stability. Too long of a cable and it may throw disconnection errors.

The HiScan Pro sells for about $350 on ebay rather often. The bin files in this Google drive link can be flashed to its memory card to update an outdated HiScan Pro if you're looking for ECU flash updates and etc. That may be your only benefit if you were to obtain one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I've long since given up on the emulation software. I've been tempted to purchase a GDS VCI device. They're around $100, but I'm leery of getting ripped off. Has anyone here tried one of those?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here you go:

CASCADE Hi-Scan Pro Emulator Manual.pdf

What are you looking to do to the car? It's pretty straight forward and you don't need to read all that.
Just open software
point it to HYUNDAI KIA.bin
Choose your car
connect via cable.

Navigating is just using the arrows and enter/exit yes/no buttons on the right.

P.S. I have a cable if someone wants it, just pay shipping.
Do you still have the cable?? One thing I’ve noticed Noones asked is will this also allow TCM programming to fix the hard shift 2-3 that I’ve researched for months on here and a lot had pointed to TCM ROM issues after battery had been disconnected “improperly”.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. I have the breakout box, cascade 0.9.4 and the fdti adapter. I am able to connect to my 2003 tiburon just fine. My issue is that whenever I issue commands, the response is "test failure". Can someone tell me what that is indicating since I am not running a test ? I was trying to clear my srs airbag light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Ekacin, publicación: 5402168, miembro: 134338"]
Hola chicos. Tengo la caja de conexiones, la cascada 0.9.4 y el adaptador fdti. Puedo conectarme perfectamente a mi tiburon 2003. Mi problema es que cada vez que doy comandos, la respuesta es "prueba fallida". ¿Alguien puede decirme qué indica eso, ya que no estoy ejecutando una prueba? Estaba tratando de limpiar la luz de la bolsa de aire de mi hermana.
[/ CITAR]

Hola, buenas tardes, soy nuevo en este foro, ¿me pueden ayudar indicándome dónde puedo descargar el software o me lo pueden enviar por correo electrónico? Tengo un 1998 X3 con OBD1 ecu y quiero conectarme para probar. Gracias

261 - 270 of 270 Posts