Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
301 - 314 of 314 Posts

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,443 Posts
Looks like both cables can be modified. Obviously the first one you showed me is harder to get to because of where the board sits compared to the pins soldering points, but still manageable. You could also buy an OBD2 extension cable and modify that to bridge the pins you need. Something like this here:

Product Automotive lighting Gadget Peripheral Material property

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have changed the blue cable, I have seen some parameters, but I cannot access the ABS, which has an error. But by not logging in, I don't see where the error is. I will now order an OBD extension cable. But until then I can't do anything. I forgot I have a 2005 Hyundai Coupe 2.0 GK.

· Registered
'98 Coupe RD
4 Posts
Did anyone succeeded with cascade and '98 RD (Europe)? As mentioned waaaaay before, it can communicate with certain modules. but as soon as you want to check DTCs or live (sensor) data in ECU menu, it crashes. I tried with two different ftdi based cables, in device manager 115.200 baud and 1ms, in cascade automatic, inceremental and manual baud rates. Using i5 4th gen, win 10 x64, fairly clean OS, 7, 8, 12, 15 tied together.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,443 Posts
Did anyone succeeded with cascade and '98 RD (Europe)? As mentioned waaaaay before, it can communicate with certain modules. but as soon as you want to check DTCs or live (sensor) data in ECU menu, it crashes. I tried with two different ftdi based cables, in device manager 115.200 baud and 1ms, in cascade automatic, inceremental and manual baud rates. Using i5 4th gen, win 10 x64, fairly clean OS, 7, 8, 12, 15 tied together.
I don't have much issue viewing live data on my GK but I had to jump through a few hoops to get there. First I tried an Ubuntu host OS with Windows XP as a guest OS and it worked 50% of the time. I ditched Ubuntu and installed Windows 10 as my main OS and things seemed to improve.

Modern PCs tend to cause issues communicating over the USB/Serial interface especially while USB3.0 is enabled. Try disabling your USB3.0 in the bios and turn on legacy USB mode. Also if you are running Windows as a guest OS instead of a host OS, you will have trouble. You may also need to enable compatibility mode for Windows XP or Windows 7.

· Registered
'98 Coupe RD
4 Posts
I don't have much issue viewing live data on my GK but I had to jump through a few hoops to get there. First I tried an Ubuntu host OS with Windows XP as a guest OS and it worked 50% of the time. I ditched Ubuntu and installed Windows 10 as my main OS and things seemed to improve.

Modern PCs tend to cause issues communicating over the USB/Serial interface especially while USB3.0 is enabled. Try disabling your USB3.0 in the bios and turn on legacy USB mode. Also if you are running Windows as a guest OS instead of a host OS, you will have trouble. You may also need to enable compatibility mode for Windows XP or Windows 7.
Windows is the only OS on my laptop. The strange thing is, one of my buddy experienced the same results with a 2.0 RD2. And in this thread some years earlier, there was a guy who tried with '98 RD, and another, who tried with lantra (same generation) with the same results. So I think it's a common issue, that perhaps solved by someone.

· Registered
4 Posts
Sorry guys,

dumb question (I think) - when accessing immo, Cascade says connect diag pin to ground, so I have to jump pin 7 with 15 AND 5... ot pin 15 with 5? Till now I have access jumping 7 with 15, but when I enter for example, limp home, it suddenly disconnects me. Awkward.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,443 Posts
IMMO programming feature does not work with the cascade emulator. You are lacking the BCM adapter cable for the programming port and the emulator lacks the code to support it.

If you want to program the IMMO or any other BCM functions you need to hire an automotive locksmiths with the correct tools.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,443 Posts
We don't have any data on the IMMO code. It is stored somewhere on the BCM so for a DIY method for us would probably need to de-solder the memory chip and read/write your new code. We don't have IMMO in the US so I don't have enough experience with that. A surefire way to disable IMMO is to swap your BCM and ECU from a non-IMMO car of the same engine size and transmission type. I've assisted a few people in deleting IMMO flags in the ECU by reflashing it, but the BCM still needs to be a non-IMMO BCM.

· Registered
4 Posts
An other thing on my mind regarding connection by OBD - as multigauge is using CAN high and CAN low signals, is there aby chance to access CANbus, for example, by integrating it into OBD pinout (swaping speed sensor for low signal and adding high to accurate place), do Cascade could read it? I am talking about 2003 2.7 Coupe. On later Tibs in OBD pinout there are already corresponding pins. There must be something on the network as microcontroller in multigauge processes that into torque and ifc.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,443 Posts
I have not attempted reading the CANBUS yet... But it's something on my to do list. I've seen a man in France read the CANBUS using a raspberry pi or Arduino to display sensor data on his head unit display.

The CANBUS can be read using a CANBUS to serial converter. We actually share a lot of the same CANBUS registers as the BMW MS43 according to one of the ms4x lead developers so I believe you can copy their CANBUS identifications.

Font Screenshot Audio equipment Electronic device Technology

· Registered
4 Posts
Perfect. I can confirm that even in 2003 Tib CAN network is active. TCS is using only canbus to communicate with ECU, so when today on my way to rebuild obd port to match canbus pinout I accidentally connected can low with +12. The result was "TCS OFF" light up and stored error in TCS module. It would be ideal when cascade could recognize new signals using autosearch by can option

301 - 314 of 314 Posts