Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Searched the forums, but all of the DL links for the Hi-Scan/Cascade software are dead.

I can't PM as I don't have 5 posts yet.

Can anyone help with a working link to the file?

Thanks!

Scott

05 Tiburon SE
06 Tiburon GT

Both just broke 100k... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! It wouldn't let me reply via PM! But received. All good now. Thanks for the help! All the folks who post info here have been a real asset over the last few years, but I haven't needed to post as I found what I was looking for in older threads from others. Guess I'm no longer a lurker now!

Kind of a mixed bag in posts here on a cable that you don't have to build entirely from scratch. I could, I'm not bad with building circuits, but didn't find a complete DIY post. Will have to search again. In the most recent threads I reviewed, there was a link to a USB>ODB2 cable for a Triumph motorcycle that has the right serial chipset for the HiScan emulator which is still available on Amazon, so got that on the way. Not certain if I'll need to mod a few pins, but will try what others have said worked for them and go from there.

I have a few things I can post about like remote start wiring & relays that can be a little unclear from other threads, and with some trial and error, I figured it out, and some of this stuff I encountered and fixed up might help others here on newtiburon! I have an 06 Tib GT, with AT, loaded/all prem options that's the best car I've ever had which I bought new with 7 miles on it. Has never broken down! But I've taken good care of it, just passed 100K on it. And last week picked up an 05 Tib SE with the six speed manual and I'm bringing back up to snuff, and it just broke 100K on it. So need to do some diag on airbags. But it's mainly bearings, brakes, and timing belt/drive belt that it needs.

Then I can get my post count will get over the 5! :)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And h8isgr8 you did it...again. 8 pages of thread, until you posted the dang pinout to jumper on that cable! Yikes, why it wasn’t in the first post instead of just pics that didn’t show them exactly I have no idea. Unless I missed it.

—-
And just to recap what you need to do when you get the adapter; bridging pins 7(K-line), 8(ABS), and 12(SRS) is all you need to do for the majority of functions.

Don't worry about the warnings in the program about grounding pins and such. Sometimes when you switch communication from one system (ECU/ABS/SRS) to the other, you can have connection problems. Just turn the ignition off and then on again.

You can play around with "Hyundai General" and then "HD COUPE". The "CARB OBD-II" is a generic scan that can show readiness monitors and other basic stuff.
—-

Anyway, that cable used is avail on Amazon for $24.99, prime! Will bridge 7 with 8 & 12 and give it a go! ��

Thanks for your posts!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone else has used the triumph motorcycle usb to odb2 cable and modded it like this for hiscan use on an 06 or 05 Tiburon 2.7 (US model) I’d love to hear any experiences!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s also good that the US models have no immobilizer in them. Made a remote start install way easier!

For this, just hoping to get the error causing the airbag light to be hard coded, hopefully something simple, then fix and reset the system and get that light off so airbag system is functional.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thanks yet again! For $10, totally worth it for a spare. Or if I have any problem with the other.
Don’t care about using it on other cars, so owning two Tibs, I’m sure it will come in handy!

Don’t suppose you have a lead on some new aerosol for front wheel bearings that you just spray on and they’re good as new? Lol!
Asked the pinheads at Discount Tire to shake my wheels for any play when I had 4 new tires put on a few days ago. They said no problems found.

Then I did the front brakes, R&R w/new rotors and pads yesterday. Whoever did it last left a friggin hanger in the strut spring which they used to support the caliper! Too funny! Easy job on a Tib with the right tools. But Um...both wheels move after all was bolted down! So much for their “check”! Then I noticed some pinhead put the axle nuts on like you would with open bearings! Torque to like 45 lb ft and back out the nut slightly & put cotter pin in! Ya, no! Sealed bearings on a Tib should be torqued to like 140 lb ft and left tight! <sigh>

Wasn’t expecting to have to take practically the whole front wheel assemblies out to replace bearings!

Saw a YouTube vid of a mechanic doing it, very detailed step by step, and they used a bearing tool from Harbor Freight & didn’t need a press to remove or press in the new bearing. Debating whether to try that route instead of paying my mechanic $500 in labor to replace the bearings!

Going to just properly torque the axle nuts and see if it still has play in them this afternoon...maybe I’ll get lucky and they won’t move. Long shot though!

I have an old XP laptop that I’ll try with the cable, I’m a network engineer by trade, so SW, and drivers are easy for me. If it does the job, that laptop will be dedicated to just HiSense. I’ll report back with exact details if it works as expected and others are wanting to do the same easily!

Appreciate all the info!

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey sccarlso

I was one of the people who worked on the triumph and hiscan program way back when. I archived every single piece of information I collected over that time and its still archived and available on my google drive. There is a link in my signature to the archive, its everything you need to get hiscan working.

I still have my original cables and hardware if you have any specific questions about building one. Unfortunately I do not have a tib anymore so I cant help you with specifics on that.

good luck

Archive link - 2022 UPDATE

edit: I got a request to post a new link due to google security changes so here it is

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey much appreciated!

Did get it working pretty much right off the bat. Read my airbag error code and duh! Driver side buckle sensor!

Not paying Hyundai $220 for a dang buckle! And none on ebay or anywhere else. At least it was an easy fix, and lucky that I have two Tiburons! Almost identical, but one is AT, the other manual. However my other Tib (the one I'm not coding airbag on) because it already had it's bags blown, and I didn't restore the pass side bag, so it's SRS is disabled on purpose. It doesn't care about it's seat buckle. So just swapped buckles between them and done, cleared code and airbag light out! At least one of them has good airbags now.

The serial lines are kind of prone to errors, could be the small gauge wire I jumped for airbag diagnostic. I didn't tie pin 7 to everything, I just connected the one for the airbag. So I'm going to just solder short pins on my adapter for, and solder a wire on pin 7 with an alligator clip. Then I can just clip the pin for what's needed. Serial comm noise could also be the beater laptop I used (only one with XP on it!) But I'm going to try a newer Win7 laptop with the latest drivers and see if it's more stable. It did the job though!

Appreciate your work! Saved me a lot of hassle and money! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey much appreciated!

Did get it working pretty much right off the bat. Read my airbag error code and duh! Driver side buckle sensor!

Not paying Hyundai $220 for a dang buckle! And none on ebay or anywhere else. At least it was an easy fix, and lucky that I have two Tiburons! Almost identical, but one is AT, the other manual. However my other Tib (the one I'm not coding airbag on) because it already had it's bags blown, and I didn't restore the pass side bag, so it's SRS is disabled on purpose. It doesn't care about it's seat buckle. So just swapped buckles between them and done, cleared code and airbag light out! At least one of them has good airbags now.

The serial lines are kind of prone to errors, could be the small gauge wire I jumped for airbag diagnostic. I didn't tie pin 7 to everything, I just connected the one for the airbag. So I'm going to just solder short pins on my adapter for, and solder a wire on pin 7 with an alligator clip. Then I can just clip the pin for what's needed. Serial comm noise could also be the beater laptop I used (only one with XP on it!) But I'm going to try a newer Win7 laptop with the latest drivers and see if it's more stable. It did the job though!

Appreciate your work! Saved me a lot of hassle and money! :)
Do you happen to have an extra good passenger seat belt buckle? I need one to clear my airbag light but can't find one anywhere.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I don’t, but there were a few on eBay reasonably priced. They were all passenger side when searching a few days ago, wouldn’t work for me. Pretty sure I saw 2 or 3 passenger side though when I was looking for a driver side!

Hope there’s one listed that will match yours!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hey sccarlso

I was one of the people who worked on the triumph and hiscan program way back when. I archived every single piece of information I collected over that time and its still archived and available on my google drive. There is a link in my signature to the archive, its everything you need to get hiscan working.

I still have my original cables and hardware if you have any specific questions about building one. Unfortunately I do not have a tib anymore so I cant help you with specifics on that.

good luck

Archive link
Please update this link. I keep getting share requests daily because Google changed security measures.
New link here:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts