Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've decided that I want HIDs. I'm prety sure that I want a 6000k Kit. It seems that is the more popular choice. I've been reading any threads that I can find about them, and it seems like there are a lot of choices for kits. I know several people on NT sell them as well. I guess i'm looking for some feedback as to good vs bad kits. any reliability issues you may have had. The price you paid, and where you got the kit. Also, have you had any problems with the police and a 6000k kit being "to blue." Thanks for any info you can provide!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
6000k is not blue it more white then anything, i've had a 8k kit on my old car and never had any problems with cops, i have a 10k on my tiburon right now and love it, visibility is so much better with HID's, just make sure you aim your headlights correctly to where you are not blinding drivers, i got the HALO kit from uneek on here so i recommend him, just don't go cheap with HID's you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have the 8000's from uneek. Highly recomended-best service you can get. His 8000k's are not that blueish. Haven't had any problems with the cops.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Each MFG's bulb will Vary just a little. I ride with a guy that has 8k on his bike...I had 8k also. His had ALOT more blue then mine. I've since switched to 5k on the bike and the car. Its close to OEM (4300K) and I can see much better.

With the kits I sell, I'm starting to recomend 4300k or 5000k. Unless they want the blue to them. My kits also come with the relay kit as part of the package...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Fixer...when you say OEM is 4300k is that standard across the industry? I've noticed when looking at other high end cars (bmw as an example) that their lights do definitily have a blue tint to them. I'm going more for functionality, but i would still like the "hid look" :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
...there is certainly not a lack of HID vendors here. LOL. My friend has 6000K and for my taste those were already a bit too blueish. Will go 5000K most likely...once I find those $200...

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm running 6k's on my highs and lows. I have a Prolumen kit from devin99 and a halo from uneek. both are awesome. Devin gives lifetime warranties on his though. :3_nosthum

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so does anyone have the 4100k kit with Philips bulbs?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Price : $532

Yeah - expensive ... I'd say :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
timgeorgi said:
Hey Fixer...when you say OEM is 4300k is that standard across the industry? I've noticed when looking at other high end cars (bmw as an example) that their lights do definitily have a blue tint to them. I'm going more for functionality, but i would still like the "hid look" :)
That's because of the projectors they have. They still use 4300k but the projectors give them a blue tint at a certain angle.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
keviNxL said:
That's because of the projectors they have. They still use 4300k but the projectors give them a blue tint at a certain angle.

yes what you said :)

Even ours will do that. When your passing a car with projectors, the projector "bends" the light and you'll see a blue, sometimes purple.

4300 is OEM...and that seems to be across the board. If you want visability...stick with 5k's.... I hvae posted pictures of the diffference between the 8k and 5k's.....BIG difference.

My GF says that there is no more blue in them. She used to be able to pick me out 6 cars behind her cause they were blue. I'll see if I can get some pictures again this weekend of the 5ks.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
6000k Halo hids have NO BLUE....some other kits 6K bulbs have a blue tint

I have Halo 8K's and they have a small tint to them, like other makers 6K bulbs.

Halo 8K's for the win

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Look @ this picture... The camera's brightness was turned down.....

8000K(haloz brand) on the Left.. 5000K(my brand) on the Right.

Here is a pic I found VIA Google..."HID Lumen"-6ks will/should have some blue to them..I just did an install of 6k's on a local guys. I will see if I can get some pictures i nthe next couple days.

·
Resident Mechanical Engineer
1,848 Posts
As always, you get what you pay for.

The two kits offered predominantly on this site are pretty good. Inexpensive, look cool, and get the job done. But in terms of lighting technology, nothing really does match Philips, Sylvania, or GE.

Compare this image to those up top:

Philips Ultinon 5800K in one headlight, Philips 4100K in the other. That's why these conversion kits are $500-$600 rather than $200.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts