Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oook...heres what i got goin on. I bought an Hid kit from ddmlights.com. I bought a 35 watt 6000k low beam kit. I put them in tonight and it was basically a plug and play kit with no problems during the install. They worked awesome and looked good too. i drove to Wal-mart to meet up with some buddies and i shut my car off. I went to get back into it when i left for work and i had no HIDs..WTF ...i had them in and running only for about 15-30 minutes or so...i popped the hood and checked the fuses. The 15 amp low beam fuse was blown..i replaced it with a 20 cause its all i had and turned the lights back on. the driver side stays on and it works fine but the passenger is completely out. Any ideas or anyone had any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brody57

·
Registered
516 Posts
Here's your problem: You went to meet up with your buddies at Wal-mart and your HID's revolted against you.

No but seriously their is definately plenty of people that will be able to help you with this.

Edit: and also, why the bold?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
did you not get a relay harness? cuz that will help. it will basically draw the power straight from the battery, and then it has its own fuses in the harness. if that 20A fuse doesnt cut it for ya id think about that.. but i think the 20A fuse should hold up for ya
the stock fuses arent rated for HIDs thats why they blew.

·
Registered
959 Posts
you should get a relay, especially if they are not the digital ballast.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
alright guys i got this...u don't have to have a relay, this is what happend to me and mabey your problem too...when you connect some of those wires togather (ones with 2 prongs) one prong can bend and work for awhile. if this prong bends into the other prong then its fuse blowout (pop goes the 15 low amp) this happend to me becuase the metal the prongs were made out of was thin and could be bent too easily...check all your connections one your hid kit, make sure all the prongs are going straight into their sockets and arn't bent. i have 2 hid kits with a LARGE bass system and have never had a problem with them untill i bent a prong

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
alright guys i got this...u don't have to have a relay, this is what happend to me and mabey your problem too...when you connect some of those wires togather (ones with 2 prongs) one prong can bend and work for awhile. if this prong bends into the other prong then its fuse blowout (pop goes the 15 low amp) this happend to me becuase the metal the prongs were made out of was thin and could be bent too easily...check all your connections one your hid kit, make sure all the prongs are going straight into their sockets and arn't bent. i have 2 hid kits with a LARGE bass system and have never had a problem with them untill i bent a prong

yeah you dont need a relay kit... but its recommended, cuz the wiring system for the stock headlights arent designed to draw that much power... so you could run into problems in the future.. like melted wires and blown fuses..

and its easier to just put in a relay harness in the first place then to have to replace wires for the stock headlight system at a later time..

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
definately something shorting out on the passenger side one of my buddies here had the same problem he ended up junking the kit he got because it was a PITA but the good news is you have been told how to fix it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts