Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are pieces of DIY's I can find but a lot of them are missing pictures or other details. Can anyone give me difinitive install instructions for the Halo HID & the relay harness?
I am a newb.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Here are my instructions. I'm sorry there are no pictures, stupid PutFile.com now has an expiry on them.
I'll upload them again tonight

My DIY:

Pop off the dustcover:

Take the stock bulb out. You'll notice 2 wires. As you probably guessed, the black is ground, the white is... well, not ground.

Drill a hole the same size diameter as the rubber gromet on your HID bulb. Stick it through. If you did this right (unlike me...) the gromet should seal the hole perfectly.

Connect the two wires from the HIDs to the corresponding socket on the OEM bulb harness.

Seat the bulb back in the headlight.
Now, this for me took the most time, mainly because I'm a tard and didn't take note as to how the retainer pin was supposed to go. Nevertheless, I figured it out (on my second headlight. This one's still ****ed as I type...)

Put your dust cover back on.

Note how the wires will connect to your ballast.

Find a spot to mount your ballast/ignitor. I choose behind the headlight to keep it clean.

Done like dinner!

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Only 2 wires. I don't have a relay harness, so I'm not sure how that would work.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
GrAsShOpPeR said:
A fellow calendar member hookin me up. Thanks gamz. There has to be more to it though. What about the relay harness?
The HID's only have the two wires for their connection? There is nothing more?
check out this thread for the relay installation

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57985&page=3&pp=25

i couldnt understand where the white wire was supposed to go at first either, but that thread explained it for me

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
QUESTION. where does the 20A fuse go? last night i tried installing my hid's and i didn't know what to do with the fuse...anybody???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts