Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a issue with my new hids.. sometimes when i turn them on my instrument cluster shuts off for a second or 2 then goes on.. like i could be driving going like 30mph and ill turn my HIDS on and my instrument panel will SHUT OFF for a few seconds and it will say im going 0mph and my gas in on E and the lights shut off but then when they go on all go back to normal.. im confused.. what is this....

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, welcome to HID's in a Tiburon. Mine has been doing this everytime I shut off my high beam HID's, for over a year. It doesn't hurt anything, but it is aggravating.

Do you have relays?
yea i do.. maybe its not in right? lol but it has to be or they wouldent work..

what happens to you? your instrument cluster shuts down for a second? lol like your gas gauge will go to E and your temp will go to Cold then a second later everything goes back to normal?

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,669 Posts
Yep, that's exactly what mine does, just in a different time than yours. With mine, I have two sets of HID's, highs and lows, and when i turn my highs on, and then turn them off, it does the flash thing. I've never had it do that on the turning the lows on or off, only when turning the high beams off.

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
how is it a lemon if it works fine in my friends cars? we tested it.
I thought you bought your kit brand new? If you bought it from your friend then maybe something is hooked wrong. If you bought it new then maybe something in the kit is wrong and you should get a warranty fix on it.

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought you bought your kit brand new? If you bought it from your friend then maybe something is hooked wrong. If you bought it new then maybe something in the kit is wrong and you should get a warranty fix on it.
i bought it new.. i tested it in a few of my friends cars to see if it was the kit and its not.. plus other tiburon owners have had this issue also.

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If your using the relay properly, you have nothing to worry about. Like I said in your other threads, it's normal. Happens to a LOT of tibs. Mine only do it when I use the high beams (I have high and low HIDs).
but i was told that the dash doing this is a sign of stress on the BCM.. i dont get why its doing it still if im using the relay.. also mine happens when i put the hid on.. not all the time but once in a while.

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
question.... what is the cause of this?? and isnt the relay pack suppose to fix it?

what happens if you used a relay pack on EACH headlights? would it make this stop? or is the one relay pack good enough?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.