Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Prolumen HID kit (6000k) w/ a relay harness that I've owned for over 2 years now....my problem is that when I turn my lights on, one of my bulbs flicker really bad and flash a deep reddish purple color before they ignite normally along with the other one....it's just on one side though...both of them don't do this.

I swapped bulbs and ignitor and the problem still stays on one side...so tomorrow i'm going to swap the ballast and see if it follows the ballast. Anyone on here have any experience w/ the purple flicker? Let me know...thanks!

·
Banned
312 Posts
Its got to be your ballast. I have the prolumen kit too, I had an issue with flickering on one side; it never turned purple, just struggled to turn on. A week later it blew out and took a bulb along with it, but i got them both replaced for free.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...something to watch out for I guess....hopefully it is the ballast because if I do the swap test on the ballast today and the problem still stays on the same side, I wouldn't know what to make of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts