Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Retired Staff | Track Rat
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got Halo 8000K HIDs, and have had this problem for a while now.

When I turn on my headlights, my passenger side HID ignites for about 0.5 seconds, and then quickly dims out completely.

Has anyone else ever had this problem, or know if it could be the ballast or the bulb?

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Sounds like a bad igniter, but could be the ballast, doubt it would be the bulb!

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Well, if it is either part then, you will have to get a new ballast neways, so it would be hard to determine which part is actuall bad! Do like above mentions, that will at least elimanate the bulb or tell you if it is the problem!

· Registered
4,788 Posts
Hey gamz, I had the same thing happening lately with my 2 month old Halo's. Are yours directly wired to the stock plugs or to a relay?

Sometimes mine doesnt even fire at all on the one side. Have you tried messaging Uneek? I just did, I will let you know what he says...

· Registered
4,788 Posts
Did you msg him anyways? He immediately gave me his address so i can send em back for new ones. Worth asking IMHO....

· Registered
1,528 Posts
yeah, i had to get my headlights rewired or replaced, whichever, after i tried installin my hid's without a relay kit. i read somewhere on here that 03+ NEED them.

9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've spoken to Uneek already, and he has suggested the same thing, to try and switch ballasts and isolate the problem.

I'm hoping it's just the bulb, otherwise I'll have to pick up a new kit.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
I've spoken to Uneek already, and he has suggested the same thing, to try and switch ballasts and isolate the problem.

I'm hoping it's just the bulb, otherwise I'll have to pick up a new kit.
I hope it gets resolved. Btw if you do have to get a new kit, are you going 8000k again? or lower?

9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope it gets resolved. Btw if you do have to get a new kit, are you going 8000k again? or lower?
Yeah, me too. I don't want to get a ticket for having a headlight out. I just need to get the time to troubleshoot it. It's tough when you don't have a garage, it's -30C outside, and it's dark when I get home from work. Uneek has been awesome though in helping me try and get a warranty replacement.

If I do have to get a new kit, I'll probably stick with the 8000K. The light output is fantastic and has a nice blue hue.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Yeah, me too. I don't want to get a ticket for having a headlight out. I just need to get the time to troubleshoot it. It's tough when you don't have a garage, it's -30C outside, and it's dark when I get home from work. Uneek has been awesome though in helping me try and get a warranty replacement.

If I do have to get a new kit, I'll probably stick with the 8000K. The light output is fantastic and has a nice blue hue.
I hear ya bro. Hopefully he can hook you up. :3_coool:

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Gamz, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a pic of your 8K's that resembles them to the best of their actual output color! I have seen pics of the 8K's and they look to blue, but then have read that they are not as blue as pics make them out to be. I am considering 6K's, but think they may not give me the blue I want! TIA either way! L8R

9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These pics are about as real-life as it is.

I did a custom white-balance on my dSLR to try and get an accurate view of the color. As you can see, it's more of an "ice-blue" than a normal "blue"... whatever that means.

· and his new kimchi coupe
8,280 Posts
Have you guys noticed that these HID manufacturers always stick just a crappy 1-year full replacement warranty on these kits? HID's are supposed to be longer lasting, so why do the aftermarket HID's (about all of them do it) have problems? I had the Helios 6000K kit and after a year and a half of normal use, my driver's side bulb would shut off after 2 minutes. And these kits aren't exactly cheap either.

I have an 03 and didn't have relays either. Never had any problems before, no instrument cluster resetting, nothing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.