Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a difference in color from different companies? like say if i were to get a HID 8000k from one company, and then get a HID 8000k from another, would there be a color difference?

·
Registered
639 Posts
i think so. but im not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
yea, i would agree with cobby.

just from looking at various cars i see on the roads every day i see slightly different colored hid's all the time

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
6000K and 8000K is a color temperature, not necessarily a type.

If a company advertises that their HIDs project 8000K color, then one can assume it would be very close to another brand.

Keep in mind that color/brightness is also greatly determined by the type of projector, too, and not only the bulb/ballast.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Yep, gamz has it. Color temperatures should be fairly uniform across the board, the difference lies in the optics of the projector [or lack thereof in a reflector setup].

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i'm thinking of getting another set of HID's for my fogs but i don't want to shell out another 230 when i could buy off my friend for 130... i save 100 dollars lol! 8000k 9006 for my fogs..

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
well, i know Gamz and labmixz has the halo 8000K and sean had the supervision one kit in 8000K as well, but they were different in color. seans was more darker blue or deeper blue and the halos seemed to be more greenish-blue......heres some pics.....

seans......

Labmixz's.......

Gamz, if u got some better pics, post em up. i couldnt find any good ones that u posted so i used labmixz car.....

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
speedy said:
well, i know Gamz and labmixz has the halo 8000K and sean had the supervision one kit in 8000K as well, but they were different in color. seans was more darker blue or deeper blue and the halos seemed to be more greenish-blue......heres some pics.....

Labmixz's.......

Gamz, if u got some better pics, post em up. i couldnt find any good ones that u posted so i used labmixz car.....
Labmixz are now in my car

Horrible pic

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
staw512 said:
yes it is.... lol
Hey, I just got them installed when I took it.........lol

I will take a better one tonight and replace it....

And oh yeah, I need to get with you on some yellow foglight things

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
ya they are PIAA. i went cheep and got the luminics hyper yellow. does the job but the vinyl is cheeper....

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
speedy said:
ya they are PIAA. i went cheep and got the luminics hyper yellow. does the job but the vinyl is cheeper....
exactly..... so if I like the way the vinyl looks then I would go ahead and paint tint the foglight lens....

So what if I lose like $10 bucks to see if its what I want to do...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crap... hmmm... should i risk it? i mean seeing how lab's HID's are greenish, i don't know if i should risk it... so what do u guys think? go for it? or not?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
byron said:
crap... hmmm... should i risk it? i mean seeing how lab's HID's are greenish, i don't know if i should risk it... so what do u guys think? go for it? or not?
Wait until I post my pix of Labs old setup... It looks greenish in his pic but not on my car..

Its just not dark here yet... give it another hour or so and I will take and post it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts