Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im sure alot of you know about the issue with the tiburon gauges with so types of HID's.. what happens is, when you put the HID's on the gauges go dead for about a second and then all is back to normal.. some members have HID's in there bright lights and when they turn them on the gauges go dead for a second.. by going dead i mean when your driving lets say 35MPH, your gas tank is full and you put the HID's on and your gauges go off, your MPH gauge goes to 0 and your gas tank goes to E.

now im using a relay pack and this still happens once in a while.. i know its nothing to worry about because im using the relay pack.. BUT.. what happens if i put ONE relay pack on EACH headlights? i dont think it would even work but would it stop this issue from happening?

also.. what causes this to happen? iv read some threads about it but none explain why this happens....

·
Registered
130 Posts
no clue but mine does the same thing I am waiting for my relay harness to show up so I can put it in!

·
Registered
130 Posts
ok so same here I have the relay harness in and it is as well still doing it!! SOME ONE HELP ME / US

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have we resolved the gauge resetting issue when using aftermarket HIDs? Can we put everyone's head together and resolve this for once and all. I know a number of us are still experiencing this issue…including myself. Let's close this one off definitely.
I have read through different threads and have gathered the following member solutions. Let’s see if we can come up with one universal solution.

1. BUY A RELAY…period.
2. Check your wiring.
3. Buy a higher quality HID kit.
4. Buy a better battery.
5. Buy a stereo capacitor
6. Rev the engine before turning on lights.
7. Suck it up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have had no problems at all since I got my HIDs about 3 months ago. I got a relay 3 weeks ago, and feels the same as it did without a relay. I got my HIDs from Uneek on here. Very pleased so far.

·
Banned
593 Posts
i got my hids from uneek and i put them in like 3 months ago and havent had any problems with them. all i have are the bulbs and ballast that came with the kit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.