Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm completely new to mod-ing and I am terrified at the thought of tearing apart my car!

What I need is step by step, picture included, instructions on how to do it.

I don't know where to start or what to pull on...

Anything will help...

Thanks in advance!
-Masato

·
Banned
257 Posts
Its easy mostly everything is screws or clips! Easy stuff

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yea... i installed subwoofers in my car for the first time... ever on a car... and i didnt really remove anything but the sidestep trim... and panels by the door under the dash... the trim pops off.. and the panels just screw off
the rest of wiring.. i used a metal hanger to pul the wires though.. ghetto but effective... id also suggest lift up the back seats.. and also put em down.. so you can hide the wire under and such...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
or that... lol.. it wouldnt take long either way..

·
Registered
962 Posts
I did a bunch of stuff at once so i stripped everything thing put like the seats front and back door sills rear panels and all the trunk pieces and it didn't take that long and i had plenty of room to work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yea... I just pulled my back seats and side trim... Usually you just have to tuck it around the rest. It ends up running with some other wire harness anyways. lol.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
You can run wires under the trim and carpets. Just try and make sure if your amp is in the back, to run your AUX cables on one side of the car, and your 12v on the other to keep interference to a minimum

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. I hooked up my subs last night with ALL the wires hidden! W00t! Thanks for all the help guys! Pics soon to come.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Gamz said:
You can run wires under the trim and carpets. Just try and make sure if your amp is in the back, to run your AUX cables on one side of the car, and your 12v on the other to keep interference to a minimum
which is why head units and amps need to start using an optical connection like TOSLINK, for lazy people like me who only want to rip apart half of the car :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
agreed to the above... I do this on a daily basis though. Really you just pull the door's step piece of plastic and the plastics under the dash on the side wall... other than that it's just tucking... nice work Masato... Hit me up when you get pics and all.
Later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts