Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 headlights I ordered from kdmguy finally came in....I dove in and did the install over lunch time here at work...they look great. Just a minor fitment problem since I had to push back one of the mounting brackets on the car to allow the headlight to sit back far enough to be able to screw the top two bolts in. Also, I'm thinking they need a real good beam alignment.

One question I do have...I noticed that when I installed my HID bulbs in and turned the lights on, the beam seems to have a different light pattern than that of the halogen lights that came with the headlights. I'm worried that the architecture in the headlights aren't totally the same as the ones on the US spec headlights and might be keeping the light focus from emitting the light in the correct spot on these KDM spec headlights...I won't know for sure until I try it out tonight....any thoughts? Anyone else here have 05 korean spec f/l headlights w/ HIDs? I have prolumen HIDs btw.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i thought someone else on here had a similar problem...not sure who it was and how it might've been resolved...

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Yeah they have optional HID headlights on the tuscanis in korea.. so the beam pattern is probably different regardless of the projector.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Brodeurman69 said:
The KDM F/L headlights have a different projector and are made for HID's
oh really,

i never knew that....

someone should find out how to get those projectors so we can retrofit them!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got it working - the spring holding the bulb in must've come loose after I put the assembly back in the car..... however, the light output is amazing!...a lot better than the stock 04s that I had in there...I miss my angel eyes though....all but one of them burnt out over the past few months. But the light output is sooo much better out of these now.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have KDM headlamps with HALO HIDs installed and indeed the light pattern is output a lot nicer than on OEM US Spec headlamps.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
From what I know...the Tuscani didnt have the HID option. At least thats what Dave @ Kspec told me. I was trying to find out, I was going to buy the kit and bring it over.

HOWEVER......the projector IS different. It has "circles" around the lens. I know I posted a few pictures of it. I pulled my 04 KDM apart to show the difference. It was about two years ago though.

that and people tend to not put the bulb in correctly.....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
so.....

does it or does it not have HID projectors?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I had the KDM ones and they were different with the rings going around the bezels...they dispersed my HID's alot better then my old 03's did...

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the KDM projectors are made to dispurse the lite differently...possibly HID like. I've seen Crossfire from Chrysler and it does use a similar lens....

I'll probably take my lens out of my 04 and put them in my 05's....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
fixer said:
I'm pretty sure that the KDM projectors are made to dispurse the lite differently...possibly HID like. I've seen Crossfire from Chrysler and it does use a similar lens....

I'll probably take my lens out of my 04 and put them in my 05's....
why?

are you not using HID's?

if not, hook me up with your projectors :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
fixer said:
From what I know...the Tuscani didnt have the HID option. At least thats what Dave @ Kspec told me. I was trying to find out, I was going to buy the kit and bring it over.

HOWEVER......the projector IS different. It has "circles" around the lens. I know I posted a few pictures of it. I pulled my 04 KDM apart to show the difference. It was about two years ago though.

that and people tend to not put the bulb in correctly.....
from the F/L 1 HID is optional on Tuscani

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
fixer said:
I do have HID's on my car. But the 04 KDM's have the rings on the projectors....so I'll put them in my USDM 05's.
aaah ok :3_rc5: :3_rc5:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 05 KDM projectors, yes they work really well with HIDS, however you have to put in a "proper" shade for a correct beam pattern and cutoff. I cut a military issue cutlery knife and riveted it into place, adjusted alot and resealed the assembly.. Now they look and function just like a standard bmw projector with my phillips 4300k bulbs.

It wouldnt be worth it for me to write up a how-to, since if you give your headlight assembly a good look over, you'd realise how pretty quickly..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts