Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I recently bought 2 pairs of HIDs: One pair for my lowbeams and one pair for my foglights. Anyway, the foglights use different connectors than the low beams, and I can't plug them into the relay harness I bought, and I can't plug the signal wire from the relay harness into the stock foglight harness.

What are the people doing with HID foglights? Are they buying a different relay harness, or just buying different connectors and splicing them onto the relay wires and the HID wires in order to connect everthing. If so, what sizes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
What are other people doing? Not putting HIDs in their foglights. I seriously hope for the saftety of others on the road. You won't be driving with headlights and fogs on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05GT said:
What are other people doing? Not putting HIDs in their foglights. I seriously hope for the saftety of others on the road. You won't be driving with headlights and fogs on.
You're exagerrating. I live in Miami and plenty of people have HIDs in their headlights and fogs. Its not as blinding as people make it seem to be.

·
Registered
558 Posts
if i had money to blow, i'd do it haha.. my HID's are aimed sorta high and wide so i think i piss enough people off

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
byron said:
if i had money to blow, i'd do it haha.. my HID's are aimed sorta high and wide so i think i piss enough people off

The ones that get me are the freaking SUVs with HIDs in my rearview, or just slightly enough to the left when they're behind me that they totally blind the hell outta me.

Miss aligned HIDs aren't cool at all.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
HaHaHeHeLoLz said:
You're exagerrating. I live in Miami and plenty of people have HIDs in their headlights and fogs. Its not as blinding as people make it seem to be.
yea i agree,

plenty of cars with hid's in fogs down here, never had a problem with them myself....

and misaligned HID's arent the problem, ANY kind of misaligned lighting is a problem.....

i wanna get some hid's for my fogs eventually myself, so i'm interested in the answer to this as well

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MoogLe said:
yea i agree,

plenty of cars with hid's in fogs down here, never had a problem with them myself....

and misaligned HID's arent the problem, ANY kind of misaligned lighting is a problem.....

i wanna get some hid's for my fogs eventually myself, so i'm interested in the answer to this as well
Yup, I'm still interested in the answer. I know there's got to be a couple of members running HIDs in their fogs...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
return one set and buy a 9006 HID kit. yeah you will probably still have to splice the wires. it isnt hard just cut about 3 inches behind the original connecter and then splice how needed. personally i would keep them regualr bulbs though. driving through thick fog i normally turn my HIDs off and run only parking and fog lights... other wise the white light on the fog is blinding!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, I should clarify. I have a 9006 kit. But I can't plug into the relay and I can't plut in the relay into the stock foglight harness as it is not H7 like the relay harness was designed for. I'm just hesitant to cut the wires without getting some go ahead saying that that is the way to plug in the HID foglights into a relay and plugging the relay into the stock foglight harness.
I can directly plug in the HID fogs directly into the stock foglight harness, but I want to use a relay harness. As I said before, the HIDs cost alot of money, so I'm hesitant to just start cutting wires that came with it until I know that is the only way to plug it into a relay harness.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
HaHaHeHeLoLz said:
Ah, I should clarify. I have a 9006 kit. But I can't plug into the relay and I can't plut in the relay into the stock foglight harness as it is not H7 like the relay harness was designed for. I'm just hesitant to cut the wires without getting some go ahead saying that that is the way to plug in the HID foglights into a relay and plugging the relay into the stock foglight harness.
I can directly plug in the HID fogs directly into the stock foglight harness, but I want to use a relay harness. As I said before, the HIDs cost alot of money, so I'm hesitant to just start cutting wires that came with it until I know that is the only way to plug it into a relay harness.
well if you spliced them it wouldnt be any different than plugging it into the harness, as long as you get the right wires....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, instead of buying different connectors for the relay harnesses and HID connectors, I just cut off the connectors and spliced the cables together. It works!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
HaHaHeHeLoLz said:
Well, instead of buying different connectors for the relay harnesses and HID connectors, I just cut off the connectors and spliced the cables together. It works!
Wheres the pics? i wanna see...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
HaHaHeHeLoLz said:
Sigh. When will people ever learn. :3_usehead

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll try to get pics, but since I'll have to take off my headlights and crap, don't count on it.

Anyway, I've run into a problem. When my car is stopped, either the passenger side headlight or foglight turns off. When the car starts moving, after a few seconds the light turns back on. At first I thought I need to check the wiring that goes to the passenger side and maybe rewire. But why the heck would it turn back on when I'm driving?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
well did you solder the connections? if you just twisted the wires together, that would probably be the problem....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah, I just twisted them together and taped them. Would that explain why it turns off when I'm stopped and turns back on when I'm driving?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts