Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my magnaflow high flow cat came in yesterday and i took it to a shop and they installed it in 10 mins for $35, they guy just cut the race cat off real quick and welded the high flow cat on, so it did get rid of like 80 percent of the bee sound, how can i get rid of the other 20 percent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
hmm what type of shop? there are no car shops around expect muffler man will they do that type of work lol?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
some of it u cant get rid of. Its an aftermarket exhaust with bigger pipes so there will always be a noise increase. I guess putting in the silencers could help you some...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
you can try replacing the resonator in your catback with something else. the sad part is you will likely end up with something a little more restrictive and therefore less power.
 

·
Former Staff
Joined
·
3,336 Posts
staw512 said:
that last 10-20% is there too stay
Nope it isn't. I had my SSA resonator cut out and replaces with a Magnaflow resonator... and there is ZERO buzz now. Like tanelk, the high-flow cat got rid of most of the buzz of my headers and someone in another thread told me about the Magnaflow resonator. Bought it, had it installed and I LOVE IT!!! Got rid of the buzz, made the tone deeper and meaner, plus it quieted it down a bit with no noticeable loss in power.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,074 Posts
yeah the Magnaflow resonator is about 6 in wide by14 in long , and it souonds great :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Tanelk said:
so my magnaflow high flow cat came in yesterday and i took it to a shop and they installed it in 10 mins for $35, they guy just cut the race cat off real quick and welded the high flow cat on, so it did get rid of like 80 percent of the bee sound, how can i get rid of the other 20 percent
put the stock cat back on.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top