Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has it? how much is it? and how much could a maxed out N/A 2.0l make?

thnaks guys looked all over the site and only found info on the v6.

s.k.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
a N/A I4 tib would prob push out less then an IHE V6... and itd cost way more money then its worth for that 180hp... (if that)

·
Registered
456 Posts
i'd say around 160 max also. i've seen 150 from an elantra somewhere. but for the money you could get a stage 0 turbo/sc and make well over that.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I AM MAKING 903whp out of my n/a i4. PM me for info, it only cost me $200 plus installation.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I AM MAKING 903whp out of my n/a i4. PM me for info, it only cost me $200 plus installation.
Funny ... I guess nobody has even tried, so it could be anything. But I'd say with IHE some 13:.1 pistons and a good tuner you cold get close to 170whp. It would be torque monster too I bet. Add some head work and cams ... maybe just under 200whp ... maybe ... kinda hard to tell since nobody has even tried ...

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Funny ... I guess nobody has even tried, so it could be anything. But I'd say with IHE some 13:.1 pistons and a good tuner you cold get close to 170whp. It would be torque monster too I bet. Add some head work and cams ... maybe just under 200whp ... maybe ... kinda hard to tell since nobody has even tried ...
Good luck....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha you would think it would be easier to just answer the question then to come up with all this stuff you guys say .. just askin havent seen anyone try to max one out yet and no one has said a thing about this on this intire website i think someone should try a 2.4l swap that would be able to pass 200 as long as it was a new one... and dont tell me "why not just do a v6 swap...or maybe just go out and buy a v6" thats obviously not the point of this thanks guys

s.k.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
COMING SOON...3.5l swap, tiburon 6 speed swap , wrx front lip, hyundai sonata side skirts, smoked tailights and head lights

shut up! lmfao jk mang

·
Registered
9,504 Posts

yeah man, that big block i4 of yours is going to be a TORQUE MONSTER. i bet it would put down at least 102 may be even 103 ft/lbs of peak torque on the dyno. Just be careful not to rip up the pavement when driving that beast or the DOT will be sending you a lot of bills for all the repairs they have to make to the roads.

·
AWD-swapped Troll
4,947 Posts
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fastest+4+cylinder+tiburon+naturally+aspirated.

that should be of some assistance.

i dont think there is such a thing, btw.
did you actually look at the results? NOTHING! Google search FTL!

nice try being a d!ck! lol:3_redcard

OP: as everyone else has said, no one has really done this, regardless of the low numbers, if its something you want to try, try it. It would still be cool in the end. Yes naysayers, it would cost more than its worth, and it would still be really underpowered, but the majority of you are forgetting what it is to be an ENTHUSIAST! some people dont need to attain stupid cool, high numbers to be happy with the end result; some people are in it for the visceral experience, not the prosthetic sack gotten with high horsepowa. I know I did what I have done simply for the knowledge gained. It is easy to sit there and dog anyone who tries something different, new, or illogical to your sensibilities...stay up in your towers.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
did you actually look at the results? NOTHING! Google search FTL!

nice try being a d!ck! lol

uh, i think that was his entire point. there is no high hp na i4 tib.

:3_saai:

·
Registered
456 Posts
i wasn't trying to be a dick about it. lol. i'd love to see a na I4, just to see what it's made of. more power to ya if you do it.

·
AWD-swapped Troll
4,947 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts