Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yeah before i order this...i wanna know what you guys think of it...like the drive, handling, ride, etc. Also how long should my struts last with these?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
ur struts will be fine.
My car was great for a while but i've put about 8,000 miles on since the springs and my shocks are starting to go. i only have 25000 on the car. Quite dissapointing because everyhting that i read said that the shocks/struts were great and could handle it. Of course, i live in maine and the roads suck but still. The performance gain for the suspension is awesome but i'm starting to look at the eibach shocks as well now. If you've got some miles on your car you might want to consider the package and save yourself the money now.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
strozak said:
My car was great for a while but i've put about 8,000 miles on since the springs and my shocks are starting to go. i only have 25000 on the car. Quite dissapointing because everyhting that i read said that the shocks/struts were great and could handle it. Of course, i live in maine and the roads suck but still. The performance gain for the suspension is awesome but i'm starting to look at the eibach shocks as well now. If you've got some miles on your car you might want to consider the package and save yourself the money now.
u have eibach springs?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
staw512 said:
these are sportlines, i.e , 2 inch drops, which is too much for stock struts

He'll get around 3-5k outta them ...

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
3-5k is nothing, when the average person puts on 10-12k a year, so tahts like saying they have lasted 3-5 motnhs. lets just say he puts on 6k a yer, thats like saying they have lasted 10 months, which isnt very long. Tell me when they lasted 2 years

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
staw512 said:
3-5k is nothing, when the average person puts on 10-12k a year, so tahts like saying they have lasted 3-5 motnhs. lets just say he puts on 6k a yer, thats like saying they have lasted 10 months, which isnt very long. Tell me when they lasted 2 years
Oh.. I'm not saying it's a good thing... If you check the San Diego thread, we warned him...

I have the Tanabe's on stock struts, and after about 5K I definitely notice a difference in the ride quality. That's why I went with coilovers.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
haha im retraded. i totally misread your thread. i somehow managed to read it is you have them, and have 3-5 k on them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
staw512 said:
haha im retraded. i totally misread your thread. i somehow managed to read it is you have them, and have 3-5 k on them.
hey staw are my sexy red outs on the way?

·
Registered
85 Posts
staw512 said:
why yes they are/ hijack
yah jeez...

anyway...i do have sportlines. And i did notice the difference after about 5k and i have about 8k on them now and they're pretty much boned. I think with the prokit it wouldnt be as bad. Does anyone have the eibach shocks to go with the springs and can tell us if that is still working out for them. They're supposed to work better with the springs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
sahn said:
so if my struts go out...what do i do lol
replace them...there are several brands of performance struts out there that will work better with your springs than the stock ones...i guess the consensus is that you should be ok with the stock ones for about 5000 miles or so before needing to replace them...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if i replace will they last a real long time so i dont need to replace? how much will they be?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have brand new never out of the box never used eibach sportline springs for sale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts