Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man... so I just finished a 3 day battle with my steering wheel emblem.

First i tried the civilized way... just pulling with pliers. Then I went to cutting the **** out of it with wire cutters.

After failing at that, I took the car to the dealer to ask if they would do it. They wouldn't.

Then I tried to take off the whole front panel of the steering wheel, but one of the two torx bolts was freakin stripped so I can't undo it. mother****er.

SO finally I whipped out the driller, the pliers, the cutters, a screwdriver, and a pair of scissors.

well, the ****er is off now.

I cut a slit in the rubber of the steering wheel behind where the emblem sits to retrieve the two back bits that had been holding the H emblem on, and made sure that there weren't any holes in my airbag.

My god that was waaaay too much work for such a small mod. Plus the T emblem I got is crappy. Just a sticker. I have a different one on the way from dreamka4u.com, I hope its better...

Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
a sticker steering wheel emblem might actually be better. i wonder what a emblem would feel like hitting you in the head after your airbag goes off. i don't think it would feel to gooooodd....

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
chaos, it has been discussed before, the emblem will not hit you in the head because of the way the airbag breaks the steering wheel. The airbag will be hitting you in the head, not the steering wheel plastic.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
Um... put it over the H. Problem solved.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I used a Dremel, it was too east 4 me! That sux u went thru all that trouble tho..

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
chaos, it has been discussed before, the emblem will not hit you in the head because of the way the airbag breaks the steering wheel. The airbag will be hitting you in the head, not the steering wheel plastic.
thanks for the info, i bet there is still a chance

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
I used my big-*** SS hunting knife. Cut around the H so that the plate on the back stayed on, took me like 20 mins because I was being careful. Worked like a charm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts