Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are hood pins needed on a CF hood. Im getting one and dont want hood pins. I see that people have them on their's but why do you have them. why isnt the regular latching system good enough?

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
It really depends onn the quality of the hood. If you are buying an ebay hood then I would put pins on it. If you are buying a quality seibon or vis hood you probably won't need them. I have a set that I bought for my seibon hood, but don't think I am going to ever install them because the latch seems to be really strong.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
even my APC hood seems strong enough

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya cool! thanks.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
is have the Vis OEM CF hood. had it on about a yr now. Most of my driving comes from highway driving around 80 mph. Yeah the hood bounces a little bit (just enough to see it) but it doesnt show signs of coming off. Ive been on 400+ mile trips on the highway with no issues and i check the latch every now and then and it shows no sign of cracking. I just cant bring myself to put ugly looking hood pins in the hood. If u have quality u shouldnt have any problems, just check on it once in awhile to make sure all is good

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
I used hood pins on my CF hood because there was no latch on the hood, so I was stuck with that option.

BTW, if you do get hood pins, get the Sparco ones. They're fully aluminum, and don't rust like the APC or other junk ones.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Mr gasket makes real good ones as well. I got a set of locking ones. They are a bit more $$ than others though.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
zeenon53 said:
Mr gasket makes real good ones as well. I got a set of locking ones. They are a bit more $$ than others though.
I had those too. They were a ***** to install and line up correctly though!! :3_frown:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
if i get pins they will be the locking ones, those are so nice but pay for what u get

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yeah but i get hood pins ill have to find a shop to install cause i am not about to take a drill to my CF hood. ill make some else responsible for replacing

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I just bought a VIS OEM hood for 500 :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
PLANETARY said:
Ya I just bought a VIS OEM hood for 500 :)
nice buy. i think mine was close to 600

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I have an OEM ViS and no hood pins. Definitly shakes going over 55, sometimes kinda violently ... makes me nervous but havent done anything about it hehe

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
do yall still have the stock gas struts connected or u take those off?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
mine too

question though... how do you put the new type of hood pins, the locking ones. I think i have to drill alot for them, and that makes me scared...

·
Registered
468 Posts
brycelimetib04 said:
i put hood pins on mine cuz i seen my friends cf hood come lose and brake hes sunroof, so i played it safe.

. break.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts