Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl got me some hood spacers for chritmas!!! I think i will be the first with them on!?

The only thing im conserned about is rain water, but i guess i will find out. I'll post picks as soon as possible. I think they'll look bad [email protected]@.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
well done dude! its always a merry christmas when ya get something for ya car :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Mr. Photoman has had them. (think he just got a couple of washers) actually i've been looking for a set

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats right i saw a video of a "trash talking" wrx owner and he was making fun of how his hood was raised in the back. Then he made him look stupid, pulling on him every time he tried to pass him!!

So my car will be as fast as his to right, because i have hood spacers to?Right?

·
Registered
514 Posts
LOL hood spacers add 5hp!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats why i wanted them so bad! What kind of blow-off valve should i put on it? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I got a set from Outcastperformance... Zeenon53 also has them installed on his.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Congrats !

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have the Rside Hood spacers from Kspec? Anyways, I have had them on for a couple of months now with no preoblems except for one. Sometimes to pop the hood I have to actually lift the lever and grab the hood by the windshield to "pop" it. I think that the spacers shift a little more weight to the front and the spring is weak (hoods wiegh 45lbs.).

I dont know why this would create a problem with water.

·
Registered
375 Posts
PANAXRX said:
I confused............. rp?
i'm assuming that instead of HP = horsepower, rp = rice power

·
Registered
282 Posts
i just got them for XMAS... i really dont see the purpose of them now . but since they are on they are staying on now.

has anyone ever proven this out?

·
Registered
514 Posts
LiquidFireTibby said:
i'm assuming that instead of HP = horsepower, rp = rice power
Thats what I thought.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i insaleed them and the look sweet. As for being rice, i don't think so. It adds some attitude and is a popular thing to do in korea. i was worried about rain because i have a short ram, and any water traveling down the inside of the hoodcould possibly hit the filter. If it is raining hard enough and is at the right angle.

I'll post pics soon with my new camera

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Ummmm maybe it's just me but couldn't you just go get some washers from a hardware store and use them as hood spacers?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Trinity said:
Ummmm maybe it's just me but couldn't you just go get some washers from a hardware store and use them as hood spacers?

I think this is just cleaner... I didnt pay for them so i dont really care that it was 20 bucks for a 3 dollar mod.

I like the way it looks with it on. Just something that no one here in Staten Island NY has. A buddy of mine who has the 2005 SE i will make him put washers in. :3_bdaybig

1 - 20 of 20 Posts