Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I bought my girlfriend a powered Bazooka sub for christmas. It comes complete with wiring harness and such, BUT what it doesnt come with is instructions on how to install into the back of a 06 Tibbie SE.
Now, I know how to install amps and subs, BUT I was hoping for a short cut instead of rewiring the car. I know the stock Infinity sub is mounted in the rear and has a harness and all that installs it. I was wondering if I could do the same with this? It isnt monster power so I dont really thing I need a cap, or a straight connect to the battery, SO I was wondering what wires can I tap and where I can tap them at.

Any help in this would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
im not real familiar with powered subs but im assuming that they hook up like an amp would? what wires or inputs does it need? i would say you would need to run a remote wire at the very least and then power and ground. no powered sub i have even seen is powerful enough for a cap so i wouldnt worry about that. give us some more information and someone will be able to help.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You wont need a cap or anything like that, but you will need to run a wire from the battery, and tap into a source signal.
You could just use the powered signal right from the factory amp, but thats a crappy solution. Do it right man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well heres the thing. i am looking to do it the easiest way possible. i know this could mean tapping the rear speakers for the sound leads and then tapping a source for power, switched and ground. i know you might think that is crappy but i dont have the time, tools or anything else anymore to do it the way it should be done. also if there is a setup already in the car like for the stock infinity sub where i can just buy the factory wiring harness, plug it in and splice the connections......
the sub isnt something amazing all it is doing is going to isolate out the bass so her system sounds cleaners and a bit deeper and boomy'er

any help on how to wire it up would be great

·
Registered
533 Posts
It sounds like what you bought isnt much better than the factory sub. Why not just leave it in there?
You are not going to find power wires to tap into that will support any kind of real aftermarket amp. Maybe the factory amp you could tap into, but youd have to dissasemble the rear panels anyways. Itd be alot easier to just runa wire to the battery.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Just get a small 8 gauge wiring kit from wal-mart and hook it up right. You don't want to do a crappy job and then have her factory amp melt down! I am taking it as she has a sub now, if so, get a input converter and tap the sub wires for the RCA input to the bazooka. Then just find the remote turn on for the amp and tap it and get a good ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No she has an SE not the GT, so there is no factory amp. What she has is the Kenwood system in her car with just the factory speakers in the doors and back seat, so there is no sub, unlike the GT which has the Infinity 8 inch sub. SO...... even though this Bazooka isnt a KILLER setup for the car, it is still I am sure alot better then what she has now which is nothing. This sub will boost the low end and allow her to separate out the bass from the stock speakers.

So, if anyone knows how to hook this up, say similar to the stock Infinity sub in the GT so I am not spending all day on it, so I am not tearing apart her car, and so on...... I would really appreciate it. I am sure there has to be a way to wire this in easily. I mean it is just a measily 50 watts, so I am sure the stock wires with a piggyback would support it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Again, your best bet is try run an 8 gauge wire from the battery to the back. Just unbolt the front left wheel liner (you dont have to remove the wheel). There is a large rubber gromet. Poke a hole, and push your wire through. Run the wire along the door sill (it pull off). Push the clips and remove the back seats. Finish running the wire along the side of the rear side into the hatch. There ya go. You can do it in less time than you took on this forum asking about tapping into factory wires.

For the signal, someone that owns the Kenwood chime in.....does the factory kenwood offer a line-level output? If so, you can run RCAs from there to the back. Otherwise tap into the reap speaker level and use line level converters. For remote turn on, tap into any 12v switched power. You can find this at the fusebox, and run it along the sill with your power wire.

This is a 1 hour job tops, maybe 2.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I am sure Hyundai ran the wires for the factory sub, but with out the amp, you are not going to be able to tap anything for signal, so you are going to have to remove the driver rear side panel, and back seat anyways, so just do the rest of the set up right, you don't want her car messed up and then she takes something away from you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just hook it up like a normal amp and run signal from the deck via RCA outs on the deck. Set the deck to a non-fading output. That way you can adjust the sub level seperate from the bass level on the deck. I ran my remote turn-on from the back of the deck as well. My girlfriend has an '05 Tibby SE that I installed some audio goodies in.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Run a power, get a good ground buy a line out converter for the signal and thats it very simple, if you have any questions pm me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
cusumtib said:
Run a power, get a good ground buy a line out converter for the signal and thats it very simple, if you have any questions pm me.
The SE Kenwood deck has a RCA output so he won't need to get the line level converter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if i was to pay to have this put in what would it cost me.
i am just curious since because of katrina i dont have my tools anymore and so not only would this be time i dont have but it would also be the tools too.
but it would make her very happy and i am sure the car would sound alot better then it does now ;-p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts