Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shout I buy the hot shot headers with the cat or without? I was thinking about just buying a cat from magnaflow or something. Im not sure how other people have there headers set up. I would appresiate any info. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
Shout I buy the hot shot headers with the cat or without? I was thinking about just buying a cat from magnaflow or something. Im not sure how other people have there headers set up. I would appresiate any info. thanks in advance.
Go for the cat.... no point in payin extra to get one welded with flanges and installed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do that then. Does anyone know huw much shipping would be to chicago? they are $686 on the website. Is there anywhere i can get them cheaper? i have $280. Ill have the money sometime in january for the headers so i still have time. I just wanna plan it out since i have no patience. I cant wait to shut down all the haters.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
I'll do that then. Does anyone know huw much shipping would be to chicago? they are $686 on the website. Is there anywhere i can get them cheaper? i have $280. Ill have the money sometime in january for the headers so i still have time. I just wanna plan it out since i have no patience. I cant wait to shut down all the haters.
What site are you going to get them from?

·
Resident Mechanical Engineer
1,848 Posts
Get the cat. The whole thing will be ceramic coated, and if nothing else, it'll look better. You also won't have to worry about the hassle of getting another cat welded in place. I definitely recommend the Hotshot one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was gonna get them from hotshot website. I was gonna go with SSA but i hear bad things from my honda friends and i heard they are stealing TC's designs. I dont want to support that.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
SSA/OBX/and other sister overseas EBAY companies have been stealing designs for far longer than with TC designs. Last time I checked into the legal issues with OBX over 2 years ago, they had stolen (reverse engineered for the some of you) over 10 different Hotshot header designs.

The warning to my fellow tiburon enthusiasts...make 100% sure the Hotshot item you are buying is in stock and ready to be shipped the day you give them your money or you'll probably will be waiting for a while and in some cases, you may wait forever.

And for the sake of exhaust sound, emission issues, federal law, and overall better health and well being of you, your passengers, and the environment, get a cat with it. Overall, you gain more with it than whatever minor hp loss it gives on a 2.7 liter street car.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yeah going catless can eventually give u cancer. And remember, exhaust gases contain Carbon Monoxide. I personally am switching from e-cutout to full 3 inch 02 housing exhaust with cat. The loss will be negligible, like 1hp. Plus if you get caught, 2500 dollar fine plus they might impound the car. Not worth it

·
Registered
939 Posts
c-man said:
The warning to my fellow tiburon enthusiasts...make 100% sure the Hotshot item you are buying is in stock and ready to be shipped the day you give them your money or you'll probably will be waiting for a while and in some cases, you may wait forever.
This man speaks the truth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
go with the catted hotshot setup. going catless doesnt always mean more power. you will be very pleased with the sound of your car if you go with the catted hotshot ceramic coated headers.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Get the cat with the hotshots. You can install your secondary sensors and they will read the cat is working and no cel. Their cat is not that restrictive. As far as going catless, it won't give you a disease unless you sit behind your car or stay in a garage with it running and enjoy the toxic products incomplete combustion. On the grande scheme of things, everyone should do their part, but while someone has a compliant system, there's several million around the world that don't have to have it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Get the cat and avoid conflicts with the environment, the law, and possibly a CEL if you just strap up the censors inside the hood. I have Hotshot w/ cat and have no regrets. Sounds great and gives you plenty of low-mid range torque.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
get the cat. it will sound so much cleaner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts