Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybdy have the 4 to 1 Hotshot Racing headers on an I4 2005 2.0L. If so is it worth getting, and about how much HP and torque difference did you notice

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I gotta be honest with you. Im sure the hot shot's are great quality header but the design SUCKS. the problem is they tried to design the header to connect to the stock midpipe. This was a huge mistake. if you look at any other 4-1 header for the 4 cyl tib (or most other 4 cyl car's for that matter) you will notice that the primary tubes are roughly 3 feet long. ANY other header will also come with a new midpipe and flex pipe that is larger than the stock unit. "tuning" of the header is determined by the lengh of the primary (and in the case of 4-2-1 headers the seccondary tubing) The idea of a header is that as a gas pulse passes through the collector it creates a venturi effect that creates a vaccume pulse that moves back up the other primary's. this vaccume pulse must be timed for the rpm range you wish the header to be effective. the longer the tube, the longer it takes the exhaust pulse to make its way down the collector and the longer it takes the venturi pulse to make it back to the head. therefore longer primary's mean low rpm power. short primary's mean high rpm power. the problem is that the hotshot's have primary's of roughly 1-2 feet long. that mean's that this header is tuned well above the tiburon's max rpm and the only gains you will see from it are from the removal of the cat converter. for the price, you could buy a well designed header and have much better gains. that's my dolla fitty on the hotshot header.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
You may find a 5-10hp, but much like the CAI, most people opt for headers for the looks and sound.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
My header was by far one of the best mod's i've done. I felt a rather large kick in the pants from 4000 rpm up. the intake is a better mod $ for $. but my header was deffinatly #2 for $ per hp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JDOGG, which headers do you think will be best for my money that will fit my car. Ive only seen two other companies with them; Shark Racing and KSpec. What do you think of these

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I've got the shark racing 4-1 unit. its a great header....especially for the price.....but they'res the classic shark racing custimer service issues. It took aprox 3-4 months for my header to show up. I like the kspec unit. its a 4-2-1 design and theres one or two guys around here with that header that seem to like it alot. The nice thing about the sharkracing and kspec headers is they're too short to reach the midpipe by about 1 foot... just enough room to put in a high flow cat. trust me....with a header and an exhaust, if you dont want the bumble bee sound. your gonna want a cat of some sort in there. they'res also an old header made by key motorsports (i dont belive they make it anymore) if you can find one used that one is supposed to give the best gains. OBX makes a header for our car. it can be found on ebay esily. there are however some issues with this one....its cheep....really cheep, about 180 bux. anyone who's got it either loves it or hates it. the guys that love it say it works great and fits up to the catback system no problem. the guys that hate it say there are quality problems with the welds and its made of thinner material so it wont last very long. there also used to be a header for sale from hyundaiperformance.com. it was a 4-1 design made by hythreg or somethin like that. reguardless i know nothing about that one. SeoulfulRacing.com also sells the same headers as kspec.com does. that's all i know of for our cars.

·
Registered
434 Posts
OBX header is great quailty theres a few people around here with no issues about and yes its a buble bee or a swarm of them if u dont have a high flow cat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts