Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:3_steam: I just purchased an Alpine St. 2 instead of the NGM Assassin. Now I'm having second thoughts. Can someone revive my confidence, or should I be stung up by my empty pockets?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
once you get everything hooked up and workin fine im sure you'll be happy, atleast i would. I think their pretty much the same kits with different tuning things but someone correct if im wrong. Let me know how everything goes cuz im interested in a SC too.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NGM just has alot more cool shiznit that they include in the buy, but it's about 400 more expensive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
once you get everything hooked up and workin fine im sure you'll be happy, atleast i would. I think their pretty much the same kits with different tuning things but someone correct if im wrong. Let me know how everything goes cuz im interested in a SC too.
your forgetting the best part... a bigger blower

·
Registered
914 Posts
You will enjoy the added power either way...

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
o ya the assassin is the mp90 and the stage 2 is the mp60 right.
correct.

The alpine blower (Mp62) is good for around 300whp, a bit more. Im sure you'll be plenty satisfied unless you had big plans (including built block)

,,,,But yeah if you could of got a assassin for 400 more ask for a refund lol.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
They are both good systems but if it was me id try to get e refund and go for the assassin. Honestly, I think the assassin is the best system overall; although it is a little pricy. If I thought I could sell my turbo system and get an assassin without taking a huge hit I would. But the alpine is a great system as well.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Sell and get the Assassin, foo!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
If I thought I could sell my turbo system and get an assassin without taking a huge hit I would. But the alpine is a great system as well.
nooooess....

you cant do that, we got to stick together and represent!

·
Registered
543 Posts
once you get everything hooked up and workin fine im sure you'll be happy
x2

While the Assassin is capable of making more power, Alpine still makes a quality product. Alpine uses the MP62, and the Assassin uses the MP90. Since the MP90 is bigger, it is able to make the same power as the MP62 at lower psi. That also means that the Assassin, at the same psi as the Alpine, will make more power.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
If you spent 4K on a Stage 2 I would return it, dump 3500 into a Sniper and make the same if not more power and save 500 bucks....

2500-Sniper
then injectors, pullies, fuel upgrades, cooling upgrades...whatever

But thats just me..

And I know its the same blower but the Sniper manifold has more flow IMO and better cooling which you could have bought with the money saved from the Stage 2

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I might sell the MP62 and get the MP90. F*$% it. I'm blown again either way!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would say NGM, but im a brand whore :) also.........you forgot the most important part of the difference between the 2..........

NGM = pick you color! lol right.......well it does look better too :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You didn't mess up at all... There are tibs making SICK numbers with that same kit as yours... just go check out the alpine forums... and like lost said, unless you plan on going for a built block, you'll make more than the hp you were looking for

·
Registered
464 Posts
why arent u happy with ur turbo tex? why do u want an assassin?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
If you spent 4K on a Stage 2 I would return it, dump 3500 into a Sniper and make the same if not more power and save 500 bucks....

2500-Sniper
then injectors, pullies, fuel upgrades, cooling upgrades...whatever

But thats just me..

And I know its the same blower but the Sniper manifold has more flow IMO and better cooling which you could have bought with the money saved from the Stage 2
The big two expenses with the sniper kit is 2700 on the sniper itself, then 1000 for the icebox. Of course theres the NGM sale where its 350 cheaper for both those mods.

But after though getting those two, then buying smaller pulley/fuel mods just feels like junk change lol.

Anyways carpenter try out the alpine kit. I seen some people make 250-270whp and have a nice thick powerband full of torque, which is whats the roots is all about. Theres nothing really wrong with the kit, I almost went with it. They had some bad batches of poor manifolds and IC pumps going out, but there are plenty of companys that have had bad times/batches. The only thing I would consider changing is maybe making a custom icebox like mrphotoman.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts