Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

How do i install my amp and sub.....

709 views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  ViperVin 
#1 ·
Were do the wires go. What is recommended....stuff like that. It would save me 200 bucks to do this myself. thanks.

#2 ·
jmsutphin0001 said:
Were do the wires go. What is recommended....stuff like that. It would save me 200 bucks to do this myself. thanks.
im gonna save every one els the time on this...

What amp(make Model power rating)
What sub(s) (make model size RMS rating)
What Wire(do you already have wire?)
Where are you planning on puting it all?
What are you trying to acomplish with this system?(small upgrade, decent thump, brain numbing , just stoopid,or "is that legal?")

#3 ·
hold on let me go get the info. real quick......

#4 ·
alright....

RF Punch P3 12"- Dual 2 ohm/4ohm, 500 watt rms, 1000 watt peak

RF P550.2 Amp- 1650 watt peak, 150 rms per channel @ 4 ohms, 550 total rms @ 2ohms
RF 4 gauge wire package
Q logic ported box

#5 ·
ummm this goes in da trunk. haha. and ummm I want people to go ....WOW!

#6 ·
thanks for the help

#7 ·
ohh yeah and this is just the beginning of a future system setup. About a year from now.

#8 ·
I wish I bought 0 gauge wiring...

#9 ·
I would run the wire down the driver side wire track (along the soor frame) up across the back of the fender and to your amp. There is a good ground spot on behing the stock sub on the floor.

bridge your amp to having 2 channels and run your sub one 4 ohm coil per channel. this will give you the least load on your amp while producing the best possible sound.
when bridging that amp...make sure tat the output levels are the same on each channel.

lemme know if this helps you out!

#10 ·
i have the 06 se which means know stock sub. Also ummm what about the wires from the headunit? And what do you mean about making sure that my about levels are the same on both channels. Shouldn't they be?

#11 ·
Will I have a problem with dimming lights or the such and such by the way............

#12 ·
also by the way I've never done this before...not that it helps u our or anything. However, I am an electronic technician so I'm not stupid.

#13 · (Edited)
tha amp should have a separate output level for each channel... this needs to be matched together. if not your sub will not perform properly because the coils will be getting different power levels.
Dimming lights...im not sure. Mos tlikely, but that can be helped(not completely eliminated) by replacing the batery and adding in a capacitor.

my ground point is located on the driver's side in the same spot as the rear window washer hose. I have an 03 so i dont know if this is different on yours.

when hooking this stuff up ...just use good judment and common sense.

I have seen a lot of bad things happen to good amps because "taking the battery off is SOOO Tedious".

*edit...add on
and honestly ...most of the smaller shops will be willing to talk you through a lot of things without charging you. a corprat store will see you as a customer ...a small "mom and Pop" store will see you as a soon to be entusiast that is willing to learn. I have had many of cokes with kids who just wanted to pick my brainat shops, shows, and competions. However...it is like pulling teeth to get technical info from a place like best buy or circuit city.

#14 ·
Awesome. thanks for the info. I really really don't want to screw something up. so if possible If I can get a detailed explanation from someone. I know it would suck typing, but I would be truly grateful.

#15 ·
jmsutphin0001 said:
Awesome. thanks for the info. I really really don't want to screw something up. so if possible If I can get a detailed explanation from someone. I know it would suck typing, but I would be truly grateful.
PM me and i can get you my email and number... I can send you pictures and detiled spec sheets on how to hok this stuff up.

#16 ·
really. that would be great.

#18 ·
alright that's cool man. Thanks alot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.