Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the leather from the rear seat? Not the part your butt sits on, the part your back is against. I can't for the life of me figure it out. At least not in a way that it will go back on when I'm done. I know the front seats of some sort of rings that apparently are a PITA. But since no one, at least to my knowledge, has modified the rear seats, other than removing them, there are no instructions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
my guess would be that the best way to do this is to disasemble the rear seats ,take em clean out of the car and starts looking for a crease .
you know it will be in the back and i would be surprised if it is not hogtied (ringed) on there aswell.
thats the bestesest i can do .

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i found some weird plastic clips around the edge, but I'm having a hell of a time unclipping them... there is probably some tool that I need to get to them... That and I don't want to destroy my seat in the process of trying to unclip these little bastards...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
wouldnt know then im only familair with the hogties

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, thanks anyway man, hopefully someone knows something... I mean, I know i'm asking for something pretty damn random... lol

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, just an FYI for anyone else.... Three sides of the seats have a plastic clip setup that just needs to be pryed up. Gotta pull pretty hard. You might end up bending this little metal clips that help hold the plastic, but they come out and you can bend em back into shape easy. The top of the seat is just a peice of plastic tucked under a lip. Start at one corner and just kinda bend it up and pull and it should snap out. Then just pull the leather around the seat to the front and the leather and cushioning will fall from the frame.

If you want to seperate the leather from the cushioning you'll have to deal with those little metal clip/hogtie things. Check the heated seats DIY for how to deal with them. I didn't have to worry about that to accomplish what I needed to do.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
bagpiper said:
That's what I was gonna' say. The rear of the front seats snaps off and on also.

ever notice how everyone knows what you needed to know once your done :3_wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts