Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so got an 03 2.0 automatic there been problem with ecu for past couple months but just left it alone now its getting bad and not just messing with lights but my actual engine so need to be replaced i found one for around 90 bucks shipped is it easy to install? appreciate it

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
what? rephrase that a little more clearly and maybe we can help... what exactly is the "problem with ECU"?

the ECU does not "mess with the lights". so im thinking you probably have a BCM issue, not an ECU one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what? rephrase that a little more clearly and maybe we can help... what exactly is the "problem with ECU"?

the ECU does not "mess with the lights". so im thinking you probably have a BCM issue, not an ECU one.
**** really .... i dont no much abut motor **** so thought ecu dealt with the lights to but no my friend who is in auto school told me that recently my car when turn it on is really lagged like not getting unuff gas and says its from a bad ecu is that right? or have i been told bunch of bs and then if telling me lights arnt also ecu my lights when on OFF blink on and off sometimes unless have it on just blinkers only or all lights

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
**** really .... i dont no much abut motor **** so thought ecu dealt with the lights to but no my friend who is in auto school told me that recently my car when turn it on is really lagged like not getting unuff gas and says its from a bad ecu is that right? or have i been told bunch of bs and then if telling me lights arnt also ecu my lights when on OFF blink on and off sometimes unless have it on just blinkers only or all lights
Okay, I normally don't do this but, WHAT?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I normally don't do this but, WHAT?
lol alright first problem: when i start my car its like really laggy and sounds like not getting enough gas my friend told me its a bad ecu which was problem

Second problem when i switch my car lights to off sometimes they blink on and off like there on but its switch to off! the only way i can fix problem is by turning either lights fully on or if swith to just blinker lights on understand better? lol sorry and no i here thats from a bad bcu

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
lol alright first problem: when i start my car its like really laggy and sounds like not getting enough gas my friend told me its a bad ecu which was problem

Second problem when i switch my car lights to off sometimes they blink on and off like there on but its switch to off! the only way i can fix problem is by turning either lights fully on or if swith to just blinker lights on understand better? lol sorry and no i here thats from a bad bcu
First problem: Try cleaning your MAF, check for vacuum leaks, check fuel pressure, clean injectors, It could be alot of things other than a bad ECU.

Second problem: Sounds like either a bad switch, or BCM. But has nothing to do with your ECU.

Throwing any CELs? (check engine lights)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First problem: Try cleaning your MAF, check for vacuum leaks, check fuel pressure, clean injectors, It could be alot of things other than a bad ECU.

Second problem: Sounds like either a bad switch, or BCM. But has nothing to do with your ECU.

the light came on but like next day went off so idk im guessing it should proly be coming back on soon if its like major lag when start car. also just today when was at stopped light it would lag like not getting unuff fuel thats best way to describe it if that helps? i let you no if any cels come up soon thanks thought

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Try cleaning your MAF, check for vacuum leaks, check fuel pressure, clean injectors i dont no much about engine stuff :/ how you check this im sorry for such horrible support but really appreciate any help

·
Registered
145 Posts
get a new car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts