Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright about 2 miles before i got to work the Fuel Light came on... How many gallons is left?
I am bored and tired by the way...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
when the needle hits E you have about 1 gallon left before it starts sputtering.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
about a gallon left usually my on board computer says 30 miles to empty and then the fuel light comes on so you have about 30 miles or less to e

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm.... so i bet 2.5 g and the light comes on...

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
ive gone like 35 miles on the highway before with the gas light on. it was a long road trip and there awerent any gas stations for like 30 miles. and the other 5 was me getting off cuz there was a gas sign and there wasnt a station anymore..
i was about to piss myself i thought i was gonna get stuck somewhere with a F'ed up car.. lol

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
those things are set up about 20 miles off... BTW... so you don't run out...

Also, I drive 75 and 55 mph home so i don't have much city driving and its 13 miles... Think i can make it there and back in the morning?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
thatd be pushing it.. why not just stop and put a pocket full of change worth of gas in the car? lol

and my needle wasn't even touching the E line anymore...

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I am making a 5 hour drive and wanna fuel up before i leave here and when i get there to get back so i was trying not to fuel but i guess ill stop and put a couple bucks in... lol

·
Registered
955 Posts
I was thinking in the manual it says the light comes on with 2 gallons left. I dont know though have never had my light come on. Heard its bad for your fuel tank to run out.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
it will kick up stuff that settles at the bottom of your tank.
nasty stuff you dont want going into your fuel lines... lol

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't need noone's donation i can fuel up everyday if i would like but it just makes it easier to fuel up once instead once when i get off at 2 and once tommorrow mid day so i can make it to my moms... lol

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
lol then why not fill up once tomorrow and top it off a good bit then you dont have to before you leave.. lol

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
My light came on the highway doin 80 once, 2 miles b4 the exit so I slowed down to 55 and right before the offramp I sped up to 80 and threw it neutral and coasted down the offramp, thru a rotary nd off the rotary exit. Drove another city mile and the light turned off. Didn't turn on again, fueled up 5 miles later.

·
Banned
3,518 Posts
When the light goes on you have 2 gallons left exactly. For me, thats about 66 miles if I'm on the freeway of 50 in the city.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yea usually I can get anywhere from 40-50 miles. I always run the tank to the end. Sometimes the needle is below the E line, that's how low I have run it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts