Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that too high with the Sniper and just go for the Assassin? I don't really care to break 300HP in the future, just get closer to about 275 and keep the car a little more balanced. I just was wondering if 275 will be maxing out the Sniper and it would be easier/cheaper in the long run to hit the Assassin. I should be in the market for FI next summer and I like to be able to visualize my next step.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
easily doable w/ the sniper

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
how much more powerful is the assassin then the sniper?.......how far can you go with an assassin?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
~500 whp. I think. You'll just be stressing the sniper more then you would with the assassin.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
seedweed23 said:
how much more powerful is the assassin then the sniper?.......how far can you go with an assassin?

please search the NGM forum. he has two threads discussing this down to flow diagrams and cfm displacement.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The 327.5 WHP/267 TQ was done with NGM ported heads with 1mm larger valves and stage 1 cams. The 330 WHP/292TQ was done with the addition of 7.5" lower pully and cam gears to open up the lobe centers. I believe the cams gears is what gave us the big jump in TQ. With that 7.5" pully i believe we were spinng that MP62 at over 18,000 RPM. The faster you spin the blower the hotter the air gets so at some point you don't gain any power and might actually lose some. Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would have to guess that you would to keep your air temps down. You would probably need a 2.75 " upper pulley and a 7" lower pulley and that would be spinng the MP62 fairly fast.The nice thing about the Assassin is that it flows half again as much air per revolution than the Sniper does, so the air doesn't get as hot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts