Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car (see below...with 8k miles), and the Tuscani emblem on the wheel was loose. Then it fell off. It looks to have had some clear tape/gunk holding it on. I tried super glue, and it help for awhile. Then fell off again. The car is mint except the missing emblem. I dont wanna have to superglue it again, as I am concerned about damaging the wheel.

I tried double sided sticky tape and it doesnt work for crap.....

Please anyone have suggestions? Gorilla Glue?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Believe it or not, but I used epoxy....my steering wheel emblem aint going nowhere! *insert evil laugh here*

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
I used a strip of 3M emblem tape I got at PepBoys.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work at a Honda dealer, so I checked the parts room. We had some clear RTV. I am gonna try that. If that doesnt work then I will try some of that two tube epoxy stuff. That will work I am sure of it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
bonylad said:
If that doesnt work then I will try some of that two tube epoxy stuff.
Thats what I used! Make sure they are black and white. It took a few days to dry, but once it did....it did. Good luck :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bought the tusacni steering will sticker from ebay.. goes over the H badge and it hasn't move since

·
Registered
37 Posts
feelnothing said:
I bought the tusacni steering will sticker from ebay.. goes over the H badge and it hasn't move since
I got the same thing. But when I removed the crooked H, and cleaned off the surface, the tuscani sticker wouldnt stick at ALL. So I ran to the exxon and got some crazy glue.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Crook4life07 said:
I got the same thing. But when I removed the crooked H, and cleaned off the surface, the tuscani sticker wouldnt stick at ALL. So I ran to the exxon and got some crazy glue.
ooo, how?? i got my T and it stuck out enough for friends to wanna peel it off and stick it back on when they first see it.. needless to say the top curled outwards after a few weeks.. i bought a new T and tried to remove the H, but it never came off.. you think you can shoot out a few pointers on how you removed the impossible H from there? i still haven't stuck my 2nd T on there yet, cuz i already know how it's gonna end up if i dont remove the H, and cuz i would assume that removing the H will make it fit nice and flush..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well I just wiped the H off really quickly and sticked it on with the sticky stuff already on the sticker.. Took some time to get it centered but once I pressed down on it it won't move... just sitting on top of the h and it looks like it belongs there

·
Registered
37 Posts
krayziazndragon said:
ooo, how?? i got my T and it stuck out enough for friends to wanna peel it off and stick it back on when they first see it.. needless to say the top curled outwards after a few weeks.. i bought a new T and tried to remove the H, but it never came off.. you think you can shoot out a few pointers on how you removed the impossible H from there? i still haven't stuck my 2nd T on there yet, cuz i already know how it's gonna end up if i dont remove the H, and cuz i would assume that removing the H will make it fit nice and flush..

actually it was a major pain... I used a sharp hook tool thingy to get underneath the H. When I got under it I had to pull like hell to bend it (Its pretty sturdy metal) Once you get a part of the H bent (I would start with the right or left side of the circle around the H) then use the needle nose to pull it out untill it breaks off or the rivets snap out. The rivets are located underneath the parts where the Y-axes meet the X-axis on the H. Your ultimate goal is to snap out the rivets. It takes patience. It took me almost an hour to get the H completely off. Dont be shy when it comes to pulling. Your gonna have to pull so hard, its going to look like your fixing to rip the leather off of the stearing wheel. But your not, so don't worry. ANYWAYS, good luck with your project. Let me know if you run into any more problems

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
krayziazndragon said:

do a search.. theres a diy on it, but i wouldnt reccomend it unless youre cool with taking apart airbags...

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Yeah, if you try it please stand off to the side so whatever tool your using doesnt do a Final Destination type thing and fly through your head if the airbag pops.....

And make sure to do it the way that takes the rivets out so if you do wreck later you keep your eyesight.

It should all be explained in the diy thread

·
Registered
218 Posts
deez337 said:
Yeah, if you try it please stand off to the side so whatever tool your using doesnt do a Final Destination type thing and fly through your head if the airbag pops.....

And make sure to do it the way that takes the rivets out so if you do wreck later you keep your eyesight.

It should all be explained in the diy thread
lol, final destination.. i was thinking the same thing. yeah i was kinda scared of the air bags on my first attempt. half an hour picking and pulling on the H honking my horn every few minutes and afraid that the airbag would pop. so i guess i'm better off leaving the H on there and sticking it over huh? bummer.. thanks guys

Mike

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I pulled mine off but I also stood outside the car while I tugged and twisted and cut little slits between the rivets so it all came out at once. The new emblem covers it all very nicely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts