Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is still at the impound, but they have to tow it to a bodyshop and get it appraised. Question because my claim adjuster seems clueless.. how long does the insurance company take to cut you a check ?? Do they give you one right away or do some ******** 6-8 weeks we will mail it to you? I have nationwide insurance.
I know my car will be considered totaled, I'm wondering if you can negotiate the value the insurance comes up with.

·
Registered
430 Posts
well, since it might be totaled it will take longer. you know,they have to run the numbers and figure out how much they are going to give you. i hope you owed less than the car is worth or had gap.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You can negotiate the value, basically do your research in advanced as to how much retail value on your car is +/- any mods you had on it. Than when they make you an offer stay firm and say this is how much its worth and this is how much your gonna give me. It usually doesn't work with the adjuster so you have to keep working up the ladder, as long as you stay firm it'll work out in the end. They should give you retail+tax..

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dad was the general manager at a nissan + hyundai dealer is is going to try to get every last cent out of them.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
took AAA about a week and a half to get my check to me when I wrecked my old car....and that was with christmas and new years in between.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts