Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 tiburon gt. i want to get lowering springs for it and i want to get it as low as possible without any rubbing or any other complications. i have seen kits ranging anywhere from 1 to 2 inch drops. i am also going to get a set of rims. i have done some research and i think that 18x8's with a 40 mm offset will work with 215/40/18 tires. can somebody tell me how low i can go and not have to worry about rubbing with those rims and tires?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
those are rather thin tire for 8" wide wheels. i would go with anything less then 225, 235 or 245 would be more ideal. But if your going for the stretched look then you'll accomplish it. THe eibach sportline kit i believe has the lowest drop, or you could go with dropzone from what i've read they have a good drop. Just remember eventually you will probably need to get new shocks. As with the added stress of the lowered suspension they will eventually get soggy and ****. If you have the Gtv6 your shocks will last for a while. Hopefully this post was informative enough to answer most fo your questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts