Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles does a full tank on a v6 tibb give you? And how much money does it take to fill it up from an empty tank? i live in CAli so ill be differnt from other states...but i would really apriciate any info...also if it matters if its a 6 speed or a 5 speed...does a 6 speed waist more? also does a cai improve gas mieledge? thank you guys..... :3_yummie:

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
tibbyman99 said:
How many miles does a full tank on a v6 tibb give you? And how much money does it take to fill it up from an empty tank? i live in CAli so ill be differnt from other states...but i would really apriciate any info...also if it matters if its a 6 speed or a 5 speed...does a 6 speed waist more? also does a cai improve gas mieledge? thank you guys..... :3_yummie:
I have 6-speed When I fill it to the max and run it to almost empty when the gas light goes from on to blinking I get anywhere from 250miles to 280miles on a tank. If I have my foot in the gas way to much I can get between 220-240miles. Tiburon gets crappy gas milage. atleast the V6 does

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dammmmmmm thats it... how much does it coast to fill it up.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
City driving I'm averaging about 21 mpg, so I get about 230 - 240 miles per tank.

Now, keep in mind that I'm supercharged, PLUS I'm always into the throttle.

If I'm very easy on the gas and doing 100% highway driving I can get around 29 mpg... which you can imagine doesn't happen that often.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds cool 21 miles is not that bad the tc does 22 mpg and the tib is a v6 so i guess its alright..

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'd say maybe 280ish per tank but around this time of year I only put gas in the car once a month.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i averaged around 24-25mpg when i took the interstate to work but now i have to go through town and noticed a big difference i only get like 20mpg

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have a 6sp V6 and I get around 290-310/tank. I drive about half highway and half stop and go.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My is Auto.
I live in Texas, and i drive 80% in the city so i'm making 270-280miles to eact tank.
So i think it is ok for the V6.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
whoa, i can go 380+ from completely full to having the gas light on, i get about 29 mpg at 75 mph on the highway... i have IHE, and the 6 speed.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
I got 20 mpg mixture of city and highway but mostly city. This is me also showing off the new supercharger to my friends by WOT alot and hitting boost all the time. i'm pretty pleased about the gas mileage. I never tested all highway with the supercharged but before with I/H/E i would get about 28 mpg on my 6 speed V6 tib. Not bad.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
PANAXRX said:
I have a 6sp V6 and I get around 290-310/tank. I drive about half highway and half stop and go.
That's about where I'm at. Maybe more like 340-350 though. Of course I have I/E which helps out. Not sure what you have done.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the I-4 auto and I have been averaging a little shy of 22MPG for the lifetime of the car. From full to gas light that would be approximately 270 miles. But do keep in mind, my driving is entirely city driving, with one-way trips of between 3-5 miles the norm.

·
Registered
208 Posts
damn i only get 160 to the tank from fill up to empy with IHE and stage 0 supercharged /cry

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the I4 and we can get 410 on a tank if going from PHX to LV or driving back and forth to work we can get about 320 - 350 on a tank if I drive it hard, then usually about 280-300

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah my gas light comes on at about 325 with about 26.5 mpg with my V6 auto about 60% highway 35% city and 5% beating the $h!t out of it!

·
Registered
843 Posts
When I took my tib on a trip down south I did 300 miles with 1/4 tank left, the rest of it was city driving and my gas light came on at 360 I ran it with the gas light till about 380.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts