Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
Doesn't SFR's super stage2 kit push out ~20psi? It only includes a replacement gasket and no decompression plate if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How much are timing are you pulling with that much boost?
I am in the process of installing the smaller pulley on my Alpine SC setup and wonder how set up the timing.
Larry how much boost are you getting outta your kit right now and what size pulley did you get?Was it a 62mm,please let me know how it works out and if you notice a difference.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I get 5 to 6 lbs of boost at normal engine temps. I have a Borla exhaust that probably lowers the boost pressure a little. The paper that came with my pulley says 63mm, not sure exactly how they actually measure it though. I am attempting to get rid of the 5th injector and the Unichip. This is the third one that has been on my car, the first two had internal problems and never worked right, the second one just died. This one is better but still needs to be fine tuned and there is not a Unichip dealer within a reasonable distance of me. I think that putting the Unichip in the engine bay with the high temps had something to do with the failures on my car.

I am changing to the new AEM FIC and a set of 525cc SRT injectors, maybe this weekend. I will let you know how it turns out. So far nobody knows for sure if it will work with the Siemens ECU on the Tibs. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
the hard part with a piggyback is keeping our ecu in open loop....

so far the only besides a full standalone is the smt-6 with a turbo box.

me personally i will be running the smt with a garrett gt28r and about 10psi on the stock block...till it goes...then i will rebuild. but hey if it holds up and never goes...then i will stay stock...

·
Registered
878 Posts
If the AEM will work with the Tib ECU you should be able to do whatever you want with the fuel. It has an O2 output that can limit the voltage the ECU sees from the O2 sensor. The effect should be similar to what clamping the MAF sensor does. The AEM interceptes the injector output leads after the factory ECU and changes the pulsewidth to add or subtract fuel. I should have it installed this weekend.

·
Registered
579 Posts
from what i have heard/experienced the computer will eventually compensate....unless its within the cpu' normal range of functioning....

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes the beta block is strong...guys are running the Alpine non intercooled kit with no decomp plate at about 8psi MAX. If you want to add the intercooler then I would go to 10-11psi...I am running the decomp plate and the Alp intercooled kit with 17psi if that helps any.
yes the beta block is strong...guys are running the Alpine non intercooled kit with no decomp plate at about 8psi MAX. If you want to add the intercooler then I would go to 10-11psi...I am running the decomp plate and the Alp intercooled kit with 17psi if that helps any.
What are you using for tuning is my biggest question. It's hard getting real answers from people. I'm just trying build mild. But tuning is my weakest link.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts