Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my car into a shop and to get my rotors machined, new brake pads, and there saying I also need a e-brake cord or something like that and for my rotors machined and brakes done is 250 $ with the cord 686 $$$ ?????

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
please save yourself some money and do it yourself.. i believe theres a DIY on it. that just sounds like a total rip off to me.. $436 to replace an Ebrake cord? (they'll probably only tighten it instead too)

is this at the hyundai stealership?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
please save yourself some money and do it yourself.. i believe theres a DIY on it. that just sounds like a total rip off to me.. $436 to replace an Ebrake cord? (they'll probably only tighten it instead too)

is this at the hyundai stealership?
no its at a locally owned car shop hmm im not going to get the cord whats that cord for just the ebrake??? my ebrake was fine before so I dont know

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The E-Brake cable is just what it is. A cable that runs from your handle to both rear brakes. If your E-Brake works fine now but just doesnt lock up then the cable just needs tightened. If the rear brakes are shot (wore down to nothing) then replaced the pads will tighten it back up some but if it needs tightened you can do that yourself. Also if you cant replace your own brakes there is no better time to learn its really easy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will have to agree with both The_Mo, and Mbradley2020 when my rear brakes went they wanted to charge me almost 300 to have them replaced. I was able to do the brake change in like an hour, and I just went to Autozone and got a set of brake pads for like 30 bucks, as far as the ebrake cable, again i'll have to agree with bradley try to tighten it, if it needed to be replaced you can get a replacement cable on ebay for like 50 bucks, I actually just had to replace the cable and thats what I did.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
before you replace anything take out your center consil and you will see the cord attached to your ebrake handle. theres a little nut, tighten it but not a lot. see if that fixes anything. it is super easy to do.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
before you replace anything take out your center consil and you will see the cord attached to your ebrake handle. theres a little nut, tighten it but not a lot. see if that fixes anything. it is super easy to do.
Lmao sorry to highjack but I can't get over the fact you have -9999 reputation. And yes I know why. + rep to you my friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts