Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking doing some small projects like this one that i made for my car, I have some people that would like me to make some for their cars , would like to know how much would someone pay for one of this , can do ipod, zune, what ever . the base can be removed and you can still use the space under it. it looks a little gray but it's black and it matches the interior.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If you could make one that matched a Creative Zen Micro photo, then I might be willing to spend 10-20 on something like that.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yea it does look like foam.. thats what i thought it was when i first saw the picture

·
Registered
282 Posts
fiberglass would def. be better. it just looks like a carpeted wood block.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
only beer.. what about the hard drugs... or do you keep those in the lil holder above the cups ones...

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
I'd estimate it's worth about $10, looking at that picture. I wouldn't buy one though.

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
It needs to hide the wires, most definitely. I would rather sit my iPod in the cupholder if it doesnt hide the wires.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
It needs to hide the wires, most definitely. I would rather sit my iPod in the cupholder if it doesnt hide the wires.
Couldnt have said it better myself... :D

also.... you should make it out of fiberglass... get more $$$ that way. Definitely hide those wires man. Also make a poll to see how many people actually want to do this and see how many people ACTUALLY have ipod's in there cars.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Here's what you do. Make it out of fiberglass.
Make it only take up the space of ONE cup holder.
Make a power adapter hole for ipod adapters but strip the plug for the cigarette lighter off and put two wire taps at the end of the wire so people can tap the cigarette lighter from the rear behind the console.
Include the Aux cable and RCA to 3.5mm wire with the sucker for any mp3 player and you could sell it for $75. (to cover the cost of the wires and make... around $15-$20 a package... minus shipping and time to create the fiberglass object.)
If you really think you can make it work well, make it out of molded abs plastic through a local company and try to get a better price. This'll save you time making the fiberglass pieces.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
I think you just got yourself in over your head.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts