Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for finding a boost leak. I tried to pressuarize the whole system with an ait pump; but it drained so fast i couldnt find the leak. Im thinking its probably a leak in one of the vacume lines because everything else looks/feels good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
tex2678 said:
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for finding a boost leak. I tried to pressuarize the whole system with an ait pump; but it drained so fast i couldnt find the leak. Im thinking its probably a leak in one of the vacume lines because everything else looks/feels good. Any ideas?
explain more what your problemb is

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
tex2678 said:
Vacumn gauge, or use a can of starting fluid ($129 @ auto parts store) and spray it around vac lines and IM while engine is at idle, and see if the rpm's rise.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ok I guess he is looking for a vacuum leak not a boost leak, so use your body parts and suck through the vacuum lines and hold your tounge to it if it don't hold, there is your problem. old school I know but it works

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no im looking for a boost leak. My problem is i can only get 4 PSI out of my turbo which was running 7 and is capable of a lot more then that. Its definatly not an issue with the wastegate because i bypassed that compleatly and it still happens.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
is ur bov stuck open by any chance?

other than that, see if u can make anything to pump some smoke into your manifold. obviously while the car is off. that way u can watch to see where the smoke comes out of.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bms231 said:
is ur bov stuck open by any chance?

other than that, see if u can make anything to pump some smoke into your manifold. obviously while the car is off. that way u can watch to see where the smoke comes out of.
nope definatly not the BOV, wastegate, or boost controller. Smoke is what ive been thinking i just cant thing of a way to pump it in lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
tex2678 said:
nope definatly not the BOV, wastegate, or boost controller. Smoke is what ive been thinking i just cant thing of a way to pump it in lol
Get some dish soap and smear it on all connections. It will bubble where the air is coming out.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
you can pick up a fog machine for like 20-30 bucks at any music store or pawn shop, works great

K

·
0 Posts
just take all your silicone couplers off and check them all theroughly. You could possibly have a good size exaust leak also. That would keep your boost limited and kill your spool time. To find that just have someone cover your exhaust pipes with a rag or something when the car is idling. The pressure will get greater out of the leak and you will hear it real well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts