Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you do some looking, back pressure does not help, its a misconception, if you have too large dia. you lose velocity which will hurt tq. but if you have a proper sized exhaust that flows well and keeps velocity up, less back pressure is better, also my 99 tib with custom itb setup makes 215hp and I have only about 7k into her. far less than would be spent of a solid f/i setup

215hp from a NA tib, Impressive, Is that a v6 or i4?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
If you do some looking, back pressure does not help, its a misconception, if you have too large dia. you lose velocity which will hurt tq. but if you have a proper sized exhaust that flows well and keeps velocity up, less back pressure is better, also my 99 tib with custom itb setup makes 215hp and I have only about 7k into her. far less than would be spent of a solid f/i setup
Then we need to see some pics, a detailed list of mods and of course a dyno sheet...until then im not getting excited

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some Comments:
Also suggesting to take the power steering off is retarded. I've driven the tib without power steering, and it's close to impossible. Most cars without power steering have huge steering wheels to compensate. The tib has a tiny steering wheel, and at low speeds is rediculous to turn without power steering.

I have the power steering removed from my tib and my wheel is also 2in smaller then stock, if you correctly mod the rack so it does not pressurize it is very light steering. along with adjustable coil overs dial in a bit more camber for auto-x , it actually makes for a much more responsive car that gives great feed back. although I come from racing open wheel cars so I like a lot of feed back from my car. I think its more of a personal preference then a good or bad idea so long as you do it right not just take the belt off lol.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts