Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I used to own a 2005 hyundai tiburon gt. My sister decided to total it one night when it was snowing. I will be buying a 2007 tiburon in late april. I have been reading about the new tib. Am i correct that it will only be a little bit faster do to less weight? stock a tiburon v6 will run 0-60 in about 7.7 That seems to be about right. What would be the cheapest way to lower that down to about 6.7? would superchargeing it work?

·
Registered
792 Posts
AAden said:
hey guys, I used to own a 2005 hyundai tiburon gt. My sister decided to total it one night when it was snowing. I will be buying a 2007 tiburon in late april. I have been reading about the new tib. Am i correct that it will only be a little bit faster do to less weight? stock a tiburon v6 will run 0-60 in about 7.7 That seems to be about right. What would be the cheapest way to lower that down to about 6.7? would superchargeing it work?
supercharging it will get you closer to 5 seconds. CAI, headers, intake will get you closer to 6.7

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
out of question
how much would supercharging it cost? I would make a mechanic do it.

also would that affect my gas mileage in a negitive way?

last q would supercharging it void my warrenty? I asked my hyundai dealer and he didn't really have an answer

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
AAden said:
out of question
how much would supercharging it cost? I would make a mechanic do it.

also would that affect my gas mileage in a negitive way?

last q would supercharging it void my warrenty? I asked my hyundai dealer and he didn't really have an answer
The cost of it depends on what setup you go with and how much you get charged for install.
Look for at least 3000+ installed.

Yes it affects your gas mileage and the cost of gas per gallon (premium only).

And yes....say goodbye to your warranty.

But man....I want one too.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i have yet to see an affect on my gas mileage still better than stock, get about 28+ MPG per tank, and yes you do use Premium fuel, and getting a S/C can be a bit of a experience she may not be ready for.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Supercharging will get your down to and possibly below the 6.5s mark. You will not get down to 5 sec like previously mentioned w/o more than a standard supercharger kit.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
a supercahrger will always help any thing... unless you do some thing wrong and blow the engine then you might have trouble getting to the 60 in the first place.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
my favorite thing to preach... weight reduction. If u dont want to S/C then loose some weight! simple psyhics, less wieght u have to get moving the less time it takes to get it moving. Get light weight rims and lighter rotors, aluminum flywheel and take some crap out of the car. With the rims get them a little wider so u can put some wider tires on for more traction with a higher RPM drop and smaller circumfrence (like 16" instead of 17") for less rotational mass. Then some motor mounts to stop wheel hop. Not sure what they would get ur 0-60 trap speed to but it would help alot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts