Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 base model Tiburon and the passenger seat belt switch is broken. That causes the SRS light to come on and I have been told that also disables the entire SRS system. Since that isn't very safe, I would like to test if that is really the issue before getting ripped off for $170 for a new seat belt latch.

Anyone know how to jumper across the connector to fool the SRS system?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I doo know that year had a manufacturers defect on the seat buckle. I would look into it cause its been a while but i had to get mine replaced while it was still under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, that recall was on model year 2003 and for the driver's side. 2004 shows no recalls for any reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately, that recall was on model year 2003 and for the driver's side. 2004 shows no recalls for any reason.
Would that recall still apply in today's world? I bought an 03. It has a constantly on, no flashing at all air bag light. I don't know what the issue is yet, as I've just recently started digging in to it. Car is sitting in my driveway (second, commuter car) since I can't register it with all this corona bs going on.

·
Administrator
8,820 Posts
Major issue is once you do a few drive cycles with a SRS issue, it latches the system. So....even if you fix it, the light is still on.
I don't believe the system is disabled, but a typical scanner WON'T clear the code...CASCADE or a good shop scanner can clear the code.
The belt buckle sensor is a Hall effect switch, not as easy as a basic switch to test with a meter/light.

Reactions: Redmann

·
Registered
6 Posts
Major issue is once you do a few drive cycles with a SRS issue, it latches the system. So....even if you fix it, the light is still on.
I don't believe the system is disabled, but a typical scanner WON'T clear the code...CASCADE or a good shop scanner can clear the code.
The belt buckle sensor is a Hall effect switch, not as easy as a basic switch to test with a meter/light.
Is there a spot on this site for wiring diagrams? I haven't searched for those yet, but will when I need em.

·
Administrator
8,820 Posts
Is there a spot on this site for wiring diagrams? I haven't searched for those yet, but will when I need em.
There are links to full manuals on here, I believe it is a stickied thread.

Reactions: Redmann
1 - 7 of 7 Posts